Chapter 4: His Warmup

Last time we checked in, Arthur's desperate attempt to protect his beloved chair has instead awakened strange powers inside all of the countries. Prove...this is only the beginning of the story.

/=+=/

Feliciano sat in the beautiful meadow, his hand still holding onto Holy Roman Empire's. They both gazed out into the view of the city in front of them, the buildings beautiful and shining in the sunlight. Next to them, they saw two rabbits playing together while running around the daisies.

"Ve~~~~Look at them, Holy Roman! They look so cute!" He chirped.

"They remind me of when we were painting rabbits a long time ago..." Holy Roman Empire chuckled. "That's when I thought you were a girl."

"...a girl?"

"Yeah, a girl! Hah, I remember like it was yesterday! You were running around with a maid's dress and had that high, girly voice!" He laughed. "I'm surprised that I didn't catch on!"

"...so you know that I'm a man now?"

"Of course I do! What's the problem?"

"...does it...change anything between the both of us?"

Holy Roman Empire stared at the confused Italian, who was now getting worried. He knew extremely well that the concept of boy love had been somewhat of a taboo topic among the people of the world (except for a few handfuls of individuals), but it didn't matter to him. He still cared for him the same way as if nothing changed. The only problem was that he had no idea how much he had changed. Maybe he couldn't like him anymore...

"No, of course not Italy."

"Ve~?"

"No matter what you are, man or woman, country or even human...I'll always love you, Italy." He answered, holding his hands.

"...thank you..." Italy answered, smiling.

"Oh yeah, I wanted to ask you something." Holy Roman Empire smiled. "How has your art been coming along?"

"My...art?" Feliciano hadn't thought about art ever since he had left. "I...hadn't been drawing much."

"I see...well, you were such a great artist, you know." He stood up. "You should take up the pencil again."

"Huh?" Feliciano stood up. "Where are you going?"

"I just want to go visit Austria and Hungary again." He answered. "Don't worry, I'll be there in case you need me."

And just like that, Holy Roman Empire walked away, leaving Feliciano to stand there and wonder just what he had meant when he said to retake the pen. After a few seconds, he "ve~~~d" and decided to buy a sketchbook and a box of colored pencils. He could retake art again.

/=+=/

Ludwig and Francis found the rest of the guys standing in the middle of an empty meadow, surrounded by nothing but trees. As they approached him, they realized that Alfred was the only one talking, and it was basically nothing more than responsibility for their own actions now that they had super powers.

"OK, first off! The number one rule when it comes to super powers is to know what you got!" Alfred exclaimed. "Now, you guys are probably thinking: 'but America, I already know what I have! I already used it!' THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEAN! That statement means that you have to know the limits of what your abilities are! Allow me to demonstrate!"

Ludwig was about to argue his point when he suddenly lifted a steamroller (wherever the hell it came from, he'll never know) and started to juggle with it. After five seconds, he let it gently down.