Confession 101- Rant

I have some articles about self-publication  that should be posted soon but I decided to do a weekly rant! 

Honesty/Struggles- July 2 2012. 

I was reading about how self-published handle criticism. And Most self-published writers are not suppose to respond to rude comments.  It's considered "Un-proffessional" for a new writer to start an agrument with a critic and it can potentially damage sells.  If a critic makes a comment, you can only say "thank you" and move on. I'm going to have a difficult time ignoring negative reviews and I know that their will be plenty of negative reviews to come.  

It's made me re-think about how I handle critics on wattpad. I really don't take criticism well.  When someone attacks the story, I feel personally attacked. I work so hard to produce good stories and I don't like when people are rude.  I always react on anger and I know it's not right.

I know it's not proffessional.  

I guess it's hard because people say hurtful things that aren't really constructive.  Anyway, I'm trying to  move past it.   I think I've always been really sensitive to criticism, so it's just not easy. I feel like if people were honestly trying to be helpful,  then I would be okay with taking criticism. 90% of the critic reviews I recieve are not helpful. Most of them completely bash the story.

Never Been Kissed gets pretty good reviews. Once in a while, I'll get a bad review. Marked By Brother has the most vicious reviews, ever.  It's hard because I know that the some of the beginning chapters are poorly written and people just attack me for simple mistakes.   

Because when some says something that i don't agree with. For instance this girl was calling my story unoriginal and she was accusing me of stealing some plot line from a movie. And I was so mad because I don't base my stories of movies or books.   Ah no sweetheart, my stories are my property and trust me, I don't need to steal anything.

I have such a hard time not feeling bothered by that and I hate focusing on negative reviews. Life is too short to confused on negative things but it's still hard. And I reply and then this argument starts. 

And I'm thinking, "Why do I even care what this person thinks?" 

It's not that I think everyone should like my story. It's just hard when people try to tear apart something I worked so hard to build. 

Anyway, I'm done ranting. Tell me what you guys think? Keep in mind this is something I have a difficult time with but I'm trying to improve on it. 

Okay, I'm done ranting. lol