Aw, you're breaking My Heart:

Aw, You're Breaking My Heart
-  I'm human and so are you. We both face the same struggles. 

Every writer struggles.  The beginning writers struggles to find their idenity.  Long term writers struggle to improve their weaknesses and silence their inner demons.  Writing isn't an easy job. It's gruelling and very stressful.  You may be required to write long hours. You invest so much time into your work and then it's devastating when people don't comment.  But you keep on going. You don't give up on your dreams. You see past the hater comments.

You ignore every voice in your head that says, "YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO BE GOOD ENOUGH!" 

Because you are good enough and you better believe. 

You believe in yourself, and say, "My stories are a reflection of who I am. And I write for me. Everyone else comes second." 

Most of all, you convince yourself that someday your stories will be recongizied. The media has lied to you. There is no such thing as instant fame. You can work on ideas for years and years. They may not stick. People may not be interested in those stories. But  eventually, you will find your voice as a writer.

You are working towards one goal.  And don't be so hard on yourself.  They're are literally millions of stories on wattpad!  And you have to figure how to make your story stand out.  

Hey, I totally have you fooled. It sounds like I know what I'm talking about, right?!  I'm still trying to figure things for myself. No seriously, I could also be a motivation coach. 

Lexy- The Motivation coach/ crazy writer/ psychologist/Columist/ Literary Agent!  

Have realistic goals- Finish a short novel and ask a few people to comment. Small goals will keep you motivated.  

Set long term goals-  Finish a hundred page novel or write everyday for a year ect. 

~*~

(How I started)

The first site I ever published a story on was buzzle.com.  I published  several un-finished stories on the site.  My first completed novel was called Million Dollar Call Girl. I wrote everyday and I had like four commenters? It only takes one person to SAY, "Hey, I love what you're doing! And your story makes my day better!" 

If one person believes in your work, then that's half the battle. 

Then I migrated to booksie. And Booksie was  a popularity contest. I was envious of the writers who recieved a hundred comments per chapter. 

I had a number of loyal fans who would comment my stuff.  I won a few contest on booksie after I was on the site for two years and that's when I started to figure what I wanted to write. 

I was on watt pad for an entire year. I was really intimidated by the site and all of the writers. I was shocked to see some writers reach over two million on a story! I thought, "I'm never going to be featured and no one is ever going to read my work." 

I posted a few stories but nothing sticked. 

Then I created this account: Dream_Catcher18. I tried a few more ideas out and then I released a short story. The Short Story had ten comments per chapter and I thought that qualified the story as a 'hit'. 

Then I begin to post my story  'Marked By Brothers' and then that story gained a huge following.  I wrote (nearly) everyday to keep up my ratings and whatnot!  

It ONLY takes one story.  And anything is possible!

I see writers who post a story and recieve thirty comments and then wait and wait for comments. And I just want to scream, "NO! NO! NO! POST NOW!" 

Because if they had posted after they recieved thirty comments, then their rankings would have skyrocketed. 

In the end, it comes down to staying dedicated AND learning a few basic marketing tips.  It's NOT that this writer over here has more talent than the next writer. 

It's not about the this false idea of talent. Talent is meaningless

How much time are YOU willingly to spend on a story? How much does YOUR story mean to YOU?!

~End of Rant~