Why you shouldn't let plaigirism STOP you from posting online:

Why you shouldn't let Plaigrism stop you from posting online And What it means to be online writer!-Double post

Online writing isn't for everyone and it can sometimes feel like a  second job. You put in long hours, you work hard to produce chapters, and all you recieve for your time is a few comments, if your lucky. When your starting out, it's hard to gain a fan base when other writers have been on the site for years. It can be extremely discouraging when no one is reading your work when you have worked so hard to create a your novel.

But as you continue to write, your fan base will grown and attract new readers. Recieving comments on work is extremely regarding and when people like your story, it's easier to stay motivated and produce chapters fast.

 When you are writing online, you are generally writing as fast as you can. This is advantage for many reasons. 1) You will finish the novel fast.  2) I think when people are pushing you to update, you will write everyday.  3) People will write comments and tell you when the story is dragging on to long or if you need to add more description or more dialogue.

 The online writing community has created a very special relationship between the reader and the writer. In a sense,your readers play huge part of the part in production of the novel. I don't think it's just the fact that you can read hundreds of novels online for free that appeals to readers.  I think the relationship between a writer and their fans is so much more than that. Readers like that their opinions matter and it was there opinions that had shaped your novel. They take notice when a writer adds their suggestions into the story and they are likely to become life-long fans. 

 If you're only writing for yourself and didn't have the advice of so many lovely strangers,you might never know if people would like your work. You're mother loves you, she'll lie to you.

You're friends will say they loved the book and the characters. When you ask them, "Which part did you like the best?"

They will hang their hands in shame and admit that they really didn't like the book. In fact, they hated the book so much that they couldn't get past the first page. People that love you are too scared to tell you the truth. It's also likely, that you're 40 or fifty something year old mother, wouldn't be interested in reading a steamy teen romance therefore her advice would be pretty useless.

But when you're targeting your audience, that is teens [or adults] then they are going to tell you the truth. Yes, they will tell you their honest opinion of the book and they wouldn't "sugar coat" their answers.

You want to target the "right audience" and sometimes your family just isn't the right audience.

The biggest dis-advantage is that you are essentially posting a very rough draft for ANYONE to read. They are bound to be countless plot mistakes and grammar mistakes. But if people like your story, they will see past that. 

Most accomplished writers would cringe at the thought of posting their first rough draft online. Think of it this way, how long do you wait for a published writer to realease their novel? One year? Two years?

Yes, proffessional writers write around the clock for two years before they let anyone see their novel! Don't forget they have a team of ten editors.

But the disadvantage of being a beginning writer and having a publishing contract is that published writers don't have a fan base, before they realease their work. They probably worked hard for years, trying to get published.

After the working for five years on the same book,the writer still doesn't know if the book would sell. Contray to popular belief, having a publishing contract doesn't gaurantee that your book will sell!

I think discourages people from writing online is plaigirism. And, if your posting online, your work will be plaigirized at some point or another. If you can't deal with it, then don't bother posting online. The first time you are plaigrized, you want to delete all your work and never write again. Sadly, this doesn't teach the plaigrizer a lesson! It only hurts you when you decided to stop writing.

If you are ever plaigirized you should:

1) Contact the site of the owner and prove that you are the original owner of the site by showing when you posted the story.

2) Don't contact the plaigirizer. They are likely to lie and say you gave them permission to post the story. They will come up with all types of pathetic reasons. They are cheated, therfore, talking to them is a waste of your valuable time and it will only cause you to get upset. 

3)If you are feeling motivated/ discouraged after being plaigrizing, then talk to your fans and they will offer you support!

4) It will happen again, so repeat the steps.

People plaigirize to get attention. It's likely that you would try to use your story for profit. If they do, you have the right to sue them, even if the story isn't copyrighted.But don't feel discouraged by plaigirism. It's just a part of writing online.

And if someone else copies your work onto another site, it's only going to get your story more popular. But I can't and won't deny that plaigrism is extremely hurtful! it hurts everytime but don't let it stop you from writing.

Don't let the plaigrize win.

<3