Sticking to P.O.V.S.

Multiple point of views in a single chapter can be too confusing for the writer to follow. When you write (a fictional novel), each chapter must be in the same point of view.  I've seen plenty of books successfully pull of multiple point of views throughtout the novel. If you want to do multiple p.o.v.s then rotate p.o.v.s. every chapter or so. 

Now, I don't  this journal "too" seriously and I basically write in whatever p.o.v. suites me.  I write in second person, third person, and first person which basically breaks all of the rules of writing. I'm good like that?  hahahha!  If I were to publish this guide, I'd change most of the post to third person.

For novels: Pick first person or third person for each chapter! 

*Either way you should never use second person in a serious fictional novel! I see way too many writers  use "you" too often.  First person is very limited but It's my favorite, so I always feel comfortable in first person. The third person  is used the most in novels. 

If you have the word "you" anywhere in your writing, it needs to be deleted.

Can you do first person and third person?

You can do first person and third person in the same novel! It's really unsual to see a novel that is written in both first person and third person. But it can be done successfully if you don't do it within the same chapter. 

I *don't* recommend this! Most seasoned proffessional writers have a hard time creating a smooth story with so many different p.o.v.s! It's hard to write. Why make it any harder for yourself to produce a good novel?

~End~