Response Letter To Ryder's Column:

Response Letter To Ryder's column:

I was reading Ryder's wonderful Column and I was inspired after reading the short blurb of her experiences as a writer. Oh and her Column is already #95 in non-fiction! I'm sitting here in #400 in humor and she is #95! Maybe, I should tell her to post every month, so her rank goes down. But, I really love the entire journal and don't wait a month to read each journal.

Damn you Ryder, for being such an  inspiring novelist! Well, one of the most stirking things she has said so far is that we all as writers strive to gain some sense of popularity and that is very true. I summarized her words in the sentence above this one, so please don't sue me Ryder!

Everyone wants people to read their novels and have as many views as possible.  The problem with popularity is that is never enough. If you get ten comments, you want twenty comments. Even when you're featured, it's never enough. I'm really obessed about rank and I know that I shouldn't say this because most writers wouldn't dare say it but I say what I want to say.  I have an obsolute obession with my ranks. When I post usual, I'm #5 or #9! And every time I drop (just a little), I start writing. In fact, wattpad is almost as important to me as my school work. Even though this book isn't raked high enough,I feel the need to post asap because I feel bad if it's ranked #500!

And no one knows why certian stories are more popular than others.  Maybe a story becomes featured because vampires or romance or science fiction is hot that month/ year. Maybe if you post a picture of two hot shirtless guys as cover and write the words "mature content" , then your novel will be featured.

People love the words "mature content." because they think that they are reading something that is a guilty pleasure! 

I think everyone should write the words "mature content" in their novels! No, really, it's okay if it's mis-leading but hey it may gain more reads!

It's funny because I think that it is in people's nature to assume that some of the most popular writers (online) and (offline) are some of the best writers.  That statement couldn't be further for true. When people are famous, we as society think of them as being great or "god like".  But, really these people are the same  as you and me.

Most of the writers who became featured or make millions of dollars are no different than you or me. And  You or I may be way better writers or we may be really bad writers compared to these so called stars.

It's likely that they A) I had a really sexy cover,  B)Wrote a topic that was interesting C) Have lots of random "steamy scenes".

I think everyone, yes everyone, has the potential to be a great writer but it is how you apply yourself and how you market yourself.

And, the desire to be popular is not about gaining some sense of false fame. It's about wanting to be recongized for your work. 

Even I think damn, I want to 20 million views on my story and three million dollars in the bank.  Because I want to be "The" best romance writer possible. But, I think our drive to do better and to have outrageous dreams that will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, happen in real life pushes you or I  to accomplish great things!  

 Hoenstly, it be a miracle if I sold thirty books! haha! In mind, I'll never be good enough until I have this amount of money and this amount of views. And even if I had that, then I would want more and more.

 But, I think it's that drive that pushes me to write everyday. When I talk about money,it's not that I want to be rich. I just want to be the most successful writer that I can be and I don't want to fail myself.

A drive for success can either be a really good thing or a bad thing.

Look out for the post (in twenty years) that says 'I never sold ten books'!