The singer started to sing and my whole body froze with mixed emotions. I recognized the musical voice of Kayla the second lead singer in Beyond the Stars. I could hear Jeremy drum in the background, Courtney strum the guitar, and Kevin playing the keyboard. They were singing my song the one I wrote when my parents divorced each other. My stomach fell and I sunk to the ground with tears spilling my tears.

  “The fucking bastards!” I snarled evilly receiving the sensation to mop the floor with someone.

   They stole my fucking song! The song I put blood, sweat and tears into writing it. They knew how much it meant to me nonetheless all my song writing in general.

    They will pay for this! I thought darkly clenching and unclenching my fist repeatedly. They will definitely pay!

   Sniffling I wiped my nose and eyes and lifted myself up leaning against the shelves. Shit just got personal. The next time I see those chumps I’m going to beat them until their black and blue. And after that I might take a semi – truck and run them over with it.

  “That folks was Beyond the Stars” announced the radio host. “The song they just sang is called ‘Buried Lies’. Speaking of the band I’m here with them right now…”

    My anger rose ten times when I heard Kayla introduce her and the other band mates. They all then laughed at something the radio host said. Heart racing I turned up the volume on my i-pod interested to hear this interview.

 “So tell me Kay do you mind if I call you that?” questioned the host and I heard Kayla say ‘no I don’t mind’.

 “What’s it like to have your song hit number one on the billboard charts?”

 “It’s an amazing feeling the guys and I have always dreamed of this happening”

 “Really?”

 “Yeah we also plan on eventually winning a grammy” she said smugly and the others lightly giggled.

  The radio host (sorry I don’t know his name or care) asked them a few more questions but none of it really interests me. I was about to switch off my i-pod when the host asked an important question.

  “What’s the inspiration behind your song ‘Buried lies’?”

     A second of silence that transformed into a full minute stretched. You could tell there was an uncomfortable tension.

  “Well you see” started Kayla shakily and I smiled a small smile.

   “I-um we…”

  “We got the inspiration from a recent break-up” quickly thought Kevin and I knew his brain was working hard to think more.

 “Break-up?” the host was baffled and so was I a little.

 “Yeah Kay’s boyfriend Mike just recently broke up with her” replied Kevin carefully as if he were deciding to continue.

  I would of love to be a fly on the wall because I know the band mates were sweating hard. And guilty too for kicking me out of the band and lying that they wrote the song.

 “I bet this Mike guy feels like a dumbass now” commented the host getting laughs from Kayla and the others.

  I wanted to shout into the radio at him that Mike doesn’t exist the bastards made it up!  

 “Yep I hope so too” murmured Kayla shyly.

 “Breathe Jocelyn” I said trying to calm down because I was milliseconds away from chucking my i-pod at the nearest wall.

“I’m afraid that’s all the time we have it was a pleasure meeting you guys” babbled the host and the guys said their thanks and it went to a commercial.

  “Bastards! Fake ass bitches!” I launched my i-pod at the wall but to my amazement it didn’t break just bounced and landed on the floor with a soft thud.

  My ringtone ‘I don’t give a damn bout my reputation’ blared. I dug furiously in my pocket and snatched it out.

   “Hello” I snapped rudely. Normally I would answer my phone cheerfully but today I wasn’t in a very cheery mood.

 “Hello” said a voice that never fails to give me shivers. Make that a billion of them!

  “Simon? Um…hi?” I sputtered pathetically.

“Joc is that you?”

“Yeah”

  “Goodness you sounded like a female “he said astounded and I mentally smacked myself.

 “That’s because I um got back from jogging. It makes my voice high and squeaky from the all heavy breathing” I lied smoothly and deepening my voice.

 “Well then” uttered Simon dropping the subject. “The reason I called is because you’ve got a call back”

 “A call back?” I had no freakin clue what that meant.  

 “Yes it means you get a second audition. Will you accept the invitation?”

   My breath and heart increased tremendously. This couldn’t be happening this type of stuff only occurred in movies.

 “Um-wow” I retorted flabbergasted.

“Joc hurry I need an answer”

   All of my anger and pain from earlier came rushing back like a huge tidal wave. I would make Beyond the Stars regret their decision of letting me go. I would get serious revenge and make their lives a living hell. Before I did this I wanted to follow my dreams but now…now it was different. I wanted to be famous so I could shove it in all of their faces. So I could show them that I, Jocelyn Davis was not a useless loser but a star waiting for a gas to burn her bright.

  “I accept” I say determinedly and on the other line Simon purred excellent.