#3 He Dreams of Her [Part 2]

Start from the beginning

They hadn't really talked much since that first day. After he told her his name they sorta just ignored the fact that they had shared dreams and hoped it would go away. Then she got busy working on X-wings and hadn't really seen him since. So when he walked in she tried to hide her face, hoping that he wouldn't notice her and just keep going.

He walked over to where she was sitting and sat down next to her. Lilli looked up from what she was doing and sent him a short smile before looking back down at the engine part. She couldn't help but notice that he looked really tired and worn out though.

"Hi." Poe said quietly fiddling with his hands in his lap.

Lilli looked up again at his lackluster greeting and searched his face carefully, "Are you okay?" she asked, putting her work down, sincerely concerned.

Poes eyebrows shot up, and then he quietly scoffed self-consciously, looking back down at his hands. "Is it that obvious?"

She smirked at him and stretched her legs out in front of her. "I'm literally pulling an all-nighter to fix your X-wing up for a mission you have to leave for in like, 4 hours... you should be resting but instead you are awake in the middle of the night looking like crap that just got run over. Yes it's that obvious, and I don't even know you that well."

Poe took a deep breath, ran a hand through his hair, and then sighed. "Ya." he said without looking up. He was just staring at the floor, and so Lilli waved a dirty hand in front of his face. He jerked his head to look at her as if her hand had scared him. The look of fear was gone so fast that Lilli didn't really notice it. He made eye contact with her. "Ya?" his voice came out scratchy.

"What's wrong?" she asked seriously, and then waited for him to answer. Poe searched her face for a moment and then looked away with a sigh, reaching up to scratch the back of his neck.

"I... I couldn't sleep." he finally conceded softly.

Lilli had to fight the urge to literally scoff at him and so toned it down a bit, by just raising an eyebrow saying softly. "I can see that, but what's wrong?" she had a guess, but wanted him to gather the courage to say it out loud.

He rolled his head to look at her again and had a slightly warning look in his eyes, and then they softened and he dropped his head, grit his teeth, and clenched his fists, as if it physically hurt to say it, "I had another nightmare... and then I just... I couldn't breath right...... and... well... I couldn't sleep." he finally ended with a whisper. He tired to make the last part sound more like a joke, but it just came out sounding really sad and depressed.

"You had a panic attack?" Lilli asked her eyes widening, and leaning over to look Poe in the eyes questioningly.

He looked at her, mouth twitching slightly, "So thats what its called?" He bit his lip, and shook his head. "It's never happened before. I mean I've had nightmares but never... never a panic attack." he shook his head gently, as if trying to shake off all the depressing thoughts rolling around in his head, and turned on the classic Poe Dameron charm to hide how he was feeling.

His voice became sharper, happier, and more confident. His shoulders squared and he sent her a charming smile. "I'm sure it was just a one time thing though. I'll be fine." he said with a wave of his hand, as he stood up, getting ready to walk away.

Lilli wasn't about to let that happen though. She jumped up too and moved to block his path. "Your not going anywhere until we talk this through." she said firmly. "And on top of that, we have yet to discuss the whole dream thing. So sit back down."

Poe tried to sidestep her and said, "You know I really should be getting back to bed. Like you said I have a mission in a few hours and I'm to tired to have this conversation now." At the last words his Happy-Go-Lucky flyboy routine faltered a bit and Lilli saw it. He really was exhausted.

She put a hand on his arm to stop him and nodded, agreeing with him. "Your right." she said in a semblance of defeat. " You do look really tired. I'm gonna message the General and have her ground you for a few days."

Poe had been nodding to her words, until what she had said fully registered in his foggy mind. "What!?" He cried, his eyes going wide in astonishment. "You can't ground me! I'm a Commander." he finished, somewhat confident that his words had won him the argument. But right now he was operating on little-to-no sleep for the past several days, and a full work schedule on top of that, so Lilli currently had the upper hand in the brains department.

"I didn't say I was going to ground you. I said I would tell the General to ground you. All she would need is one look at you and she'd do it too." Lilli smirked, knowing she had won when his shoulders sagged and he hung his head in defeat.

"Alright. Lets talk about it now then. Just don't-"

Lilli cut him off. "No. You're definitely getting grounded. You need rest... badly, and you won't get it while you're out flying some mission where you being sleep deprived might get someone killed. We don't have to talk now, but you do need to sleep."

Poe ran a hand down his face and glared at her. "You're really stubborn, you know that?"

"Yep." she smiled and put her hands on her hips triumphantly, "Now go to bed."

Poe swallowed and rolled his eyes at her. "Well if your gonna make me go back to bed, then we need to talk now, because the whole reason I'm here in the first place is because I can't sleep."

Lilli opened her mouth to say something and then seemed to think better of it, snapping her mouth shut before saying, "Let me just go message the General about grounding you first and then we can go talk."

"Please don't?" Poe asked sweetly, trying to make one last attempt to dissuade her from grounding him. She just shook her head, smirked, and kept walking.

A/N___ It literally hurt me to make Poe go through a panic attack alone! :( sometimes i hate being a writer with all the power. Like now. Other times i just sit here like HAHAHAHA!!! What will i do to them next!? But poor Poe he makes me sad when he's in pain. :(

So now I'm gonna have to add a part 3 because this got really long. So ya... Thats fun :P

But i hope you like it! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment (or two or three) telling me what you think!

Luv ya lovelies! Bye