14.) The Wait

Liam and the boys left about an hour ago and I was bored out of my mind. They told me they’d be back by ten and it was……..I checked my watch. It was only 9. I decided to call Nads. I hadn’t talked to her since the incident. It rang 3 times and she answered.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Nads.”

“Oh, hey Hope. You’re not mad at me are you? I’m so sorry about last night. I didn’t think we’d go to jail,” she said rushed.

“It’s fine. Everything’s good now. Actually……… everything’s somewhat wonderful,” I said thinking of what Allen said to me.

“Really?”

“Yup,” I said with a smile on my face.

“How?”

“Well, me and Liam are girlfriend and boyfriend,” I heard her scream and I laughed.

“I knew you two would end up together,” she said.

“Well I guess you were right. But today we went to Dunkin’s and Allen was there and it seems like he’s dating Sophie.”

“Well they are perfect for each other because they are both arses,” I laughed.

“But he came up to me and whispered something in my ear,” I bit my lip nervous. I didn’t know what he meant by it.

There was a pause. “What did he say?” she said in a serious tone.

“Well he said ‘I will show you just how much better I am than him’ and he walked away. I don’t know what that means.”

“He might try to get you back. I’d let Liam know so he can prevent it or try to,” she said and I took a deep breathe.

“He got a bit jealous today when he whispered in my ear. I just sat there. I didn’t know what to do?”

“You stuck up for yourself right?” she asked.

“Of course I did. I shot harsh remarks at him every time he said something,” I said and I heard her sigh in relief.

“Good. I don’t want him to think he has a chance getting you back.”

“Trust me he doesn’t.”

“Good,” she said. It was quiet for a minute.

“I’m so bored at this house. Like there’s nothing interesting going on cause the boys are gone. It’s not fair,” I said.

“Well I’d love to stay and chat, but I have to go. It’s 9:30 and if my mom catches me on my phone I’m dead,” she said. Why did her parents have to be so strict?

“Alright bye,” I smiled and hung up.

I decided to take a quick shower and lay down. Liam wouldn’t mind if I slept with him in his bed tonight. Would he? Whatever. I was already lying down and too lazy to move. I checked my phone. 9:50. Ten minutes, I could last. I closed my eyes waiting for any sign of them being home.