9.) The Assumptions

I got up and saw Louis in the kitchen. We stared at each other then at the door and back to each other. Oh, hell no. I am answering the door. I bolted for the door and so did Louis. I grabbed the door knob and Louis picked me up and pulled me away from the door. “No!” I yelled and got out of his grip. He tried to open the door and I tackled him to the ground. I pinned him there sitting on top of him and Zayn came down and opened the door.

Nads walked in and said, “Hi………um, I’m looking for-“ she saw me and said, “Hope! What are you doing?”

“He tried to get the door,” I said casually.

“I tried to get the door because you never know. It could have been a psycho killer,” Louis said, “Now can you get off me.”

“Fine,” I said and got up and he just laid there for a minute. I laughed and said, “C’mon Nads. Let’s sit in the living room.” I grabbed her hand and dragged her to the couch.

“Alright, so the first thing I have to say is why are you here and not at your house?” she asked.

I sighed. “You were right Nads. Allen cheated on me.”

“I told you it would happen. Who’s always right?”

“You are,” I said. “But let’s not get into it. I’m not even sad about it. I’m pissed, but not sad.”

“Tonight’s still on, right?” she asked.

“Hell yeah,” I said and she laughed.

“What’s going on tonight?” I turned around and Liam came in and sat next to me. His hair was wet and sticking to his face. He was hot. I blushed.

“Um, we’re just going out,” I said and looked at Nads. She winked at me and I mouthed ‘shut up.’

“Oh,” he said. “I’m Liam by the way.”

“And I’m Nads,” she smiled. I looked at the time and it was 6:00 PM. Wow we must’ve slept late.

“Uh, Liam if you don’t mind we’d like to talk alone for a minute,” I said and looked at him a bit apologetically.

“Yeah it’s fine,” he got up. “I’ll be talking to Zayn if you need me,” he said and left.

“You like him,” Nads said and smirked.

“I do not,” I said and blushed.

“You do too. And he likes you.”

“How do you know that?”

“The way he looks at you. How he sat close to you. How he hesitated to put his arm around you and decided not to,” she said.

“He almost put his arm around me?”

“Yes. Don’t deny it, Hope. You like him,”

“No!”

She got closer to me and said, “Don’t make me.” And gave me the look. Oh no. I know what that look means.

“I’ll never admit it!” I said.

She started tickling me and I started laughing and squirming like crazy. “Admit it! You like him!” I tried to get away and she sat on top of me so I couldn’t move.

“Fine! I like him!” I said and she stopped and I tried to regain my breath.

“You love him,” she teased.

“Shut up,” I said trying to hide my smile and readjust myself.

“You just admitted it!” she yelled.

“Shhh!” I shushed her. “they’re still in the house!”

She laughed, “You know I get the truth out somehow.”

“Yea, yea” I said. “I’m gonna get changed. Stay right here.” I got up and grabbed my suitcase from the corner of the living room and brought it upstairs. I knocked on Liam’s door.

“Come in,” he said and I walked in. He was sitting with Zayn and they were talking.

“I was wondering if I could use your bathroom to change,” I said. It was a bit awkward.

“Yea sure,” he said and I went into his bathroom. I changed into clean skinny jeans, a baggy t-shirt, and put on my beanie.

I came out of the bathroom and asked, “Can I trust you to leave my stuff here without you going through it?”

“No promises,” Zayn said and Liam slapped his arm.

“You’re not supposed to tell her,” they laughed and I shook my head.

“Idiots,” I said and put my bag down and left them laughing.

I went downstairs and looked at the time. 7:00. “Alright, Nads. Let’s go get set up.” She got up and I yelled, “We’re leaving!” and we left.