1.) Rebellion

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. That’s all I could hear. The tapping of my foot. I looked at the time. 8:52. I rolled down the car window. I was the lookout. “Nads, hurry up. The Anderson’s come home at nine.”

          She looked at me and said, “Okay Hope. Just let me throw this last one.” She threw the last roll of toilet paper landing in the tree. I sat back and started the car while she got in the passenger seat. “Alright let’s go. I don’t need to be caught again.”

          I started driving to her house and said, “You know they probably suspect it’s us. They know we don’t like them.”

          “I know, but they deserved it.” The Anderson’s were Nads ex-boyfriends family. He still lived there even though he was turning twenty this year. They had the same relationship like any other relationship. They like each other, they date, they kiss, they have sex and he leaves her. Simple. “Are we going to do that to another house?”

          “I wish, but we don’t have any toilet paper. I would’ve loved to have my shot at toilet papering a house.”

          “You can do the next house. When do you want to meet up again?” she asked.

          “What’s today?”

          “Thursday.”

          “How about Saturday. I need to stock up some more stuff plus I want to get eggs so we can egg the next house,” I said and she got excited and I laughed at her.

          “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that,” Nads said.

          “Well you’ll just have to wait til Saturday to fulfil your dream,” I laughed and after driving the streets of London we pulled up in front of Nads’ house.

She got out of the car and said, “I’ll talk to you later.”

“Alright. As long as you don’t get grounded from those hellish people you call parents.”

She laughed and said, “Exactly,” and she waved bye and went inside.

I took a deep breath and began driving to my house. I lived with my boyfriend Allen, but he didn’t know about all the rebellious stuff. It’s not his right to know. We never get caught so what’s the point. Me and Allen have been together for 2 years and he’s nothing like any other boy I’ve met. He treated me like the woman I was…… or who he thought I was. He worked at a car dealership so I didn’t see him all the time so I kept myself busy hanging out with Nads.

I got home and parked the car in the garage and fixed my grey beanie before getting out of the car and into the house. I went straight to the kitchen and put my keys on the table and I felt arms wrap around me and he whispered, “Hey, Hope. How was the movie?”

I turned around and smiled, “Great. It was such a good movie,” I lied.

He pecked my lips and walked to the fridge looking for something to eat and said, “Awesome. Want anything?”

“Yea. Let’s order Chinese food!” I said and he laughed and picked up the phone and ordered it. I jumped up on the counter and waited for him to finish ordering.

“So what did you do while I was gone?” I smiled at him when he hung up the phone.

He came over and held my hand and looked me in the eyes with his beautiful blue eyes, “Missing you not being here and sitting on the couch thinking of you.” I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“You know just the right things to say.”

“I know,” he kissed me and we started making out.

 I heard the door and he jumped away and I saw Allen’s brother walk through the door. “Aidric, haven’t you ever learned to knock?”

“And haven’t you ever learned to lock your door,” he said and went to the fridge and grabbed a beer. He stumbled his way over to the couch and watched T.V.

He was drunk. I sighed. Then there was a knock on the door and I hoped off the counter and took the Chinese food from the lady. I sat at the table and Allen sat across from me. “Aidric? You want some?” I said indicating the bag to him.

“No. Chinese food is made out of cats,” he mumbled.

“That’s just…..”

“Don’t even bother, Hope,” Allen said and I stopped and began eating. We ate for twenty minutes and Allen kept getting messages during the meal.

“Who you talking to?” I asked.

“Just a friend,” he said and I nodded and threw my plate out.

“I’m going to bed, babe,” I said and he just nodded. I sighed and walked into my room and put my beanie on the dresser and dressed comfortable for bed. Something was going on with him, but I don’t know what. Whatever. I won’t let it bother me. I’m probably getting paranoid. I laid down and drifted off to sleep.