e l e v e n

SYDNEY

I sighed as the smell of the beach hit my nose and got out of the car. "I thought we were going to Venice. Why we in Malibu?" I asked Jessica and she sighed, opening the boot.

"Because Grayson Dolan surfs in Malibu."

Why everything she does has to be related with Grayson Dolan?

We started walking to find a place to sit, Jessica carrying a deck chair.

"Today's the day. Eeeeh! I can feel it. He's here somewhere." She squealed and I shook my head.

"I doubt that." All I wanted to do is relax and tan, not listen to my stupid sister's obsession over a stupid celebrity.

"I just hope he's not with Sasha Bender who is totally not cute enough for him." I sighed. "I wonder what his eyes look like, up close."

"Hazel, really hazel." I said almost day dreaming. I snapped out of it when I realized what I was doing hoping my sister wasn't paying attention to me.

Fortunately, she wasn't.

"Ooh!" Jessica said, running off.

I shook my head, looking around. I smiled, starting to walk somewhere.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" I said pointing to the chair, noticing Grayson was in disguise in the other seat as I pretended to not recognize who he was. "No?" I sat down.

I sighed looking at Grayson. "What a beautiful day, isn't it a beautiful day?"

Grayson shifted his body, folding his arms. "Oh, I'm sorry you were sleeping. Did I wake you?" He shook his head.

"No? Oh then you're awake. Good." I reached into my bag and pulled out a sunscreen. "Will you put some sunscreen on my back?" I asked.

Grayson looked at me and pulled down his sunglasses slightly. "How did you know it was me?"

I chuckled, "The hat."

"It does kinda smell like fish."

"No, I'm sure that's you."

He frowned, scoffing and I held back a laugh. He took his sunglasses off. "Now, what are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here? Go home." I said, closing my eyes trying to tan a bit.

"I tried."

"And?" I opened my eyes.

He looked at me. "Nah, you wouldn't understand."

"Oh, so you think you're so special that a nobody like me couldn't possibly understand how hard is it to be you?"

He sighed, "Okay, there were about ten paparazzi parked outside my house with their cameras."

"Oh, yeah that is tough." I nodded my head. "Not."

"See you don't understand." He shook his head. "I just need to get home in a car the paparazzi won't recognize.

I breathed in, closing my eyes again.

"So," I could feel his eyes on me. "What are you driving?"

I let out a laugh. "Oh, you'll love it. It's a classic, really vintage."

"Perfect, I could pay you. I know that's kinda of-"

"Stop that!"

"Stop what?" Grayson asked.

"Throwing your money around. I mean, you still owe me five grand for staying at Garage De La Grandma." He smirked.

I slightly laughed. "Just give me your keys."

"Um, why?" He asked slowly.

"Well if you're taking our car, you can't leave us without one. I opened my hand waiting for him to give me his keys. "Keys."

He closed his eyes, putting a hand over his mouth.

"Come on." I pushed and he pulled the keys out of his pocket.

"Look she's a," I tried to catch them as they were dangling but he pulled them away from my grasp. "She's a three hundred and," He pulled away again. "Three hundred and thirty five horse power, first generation," I sighed as he pulled away again. "Sixty nine, two doors with original paint." He pulled back the keys again. "Look, I love Cher, okay?"

I shook my head, slightly confused. "You name your cars?" Grayson nodded, looking embarrassed and awkward.

I grabbed the keys, and walked quietly towards Jessica who was sitting in the deck chair, eyes closed and listening to music. I slowly placed Grayson's keys in her bag and took out my grandma's keys.

I walked back to Grayson and we both started walking towards the car in the parking lot.

"Grayson, meet Petunia." I told him, showing off the bright pink car.

"You've got to be kidding me." He muttered, looking at the car in shock.

"She runs like a top," I said handing him the keys. "Have her back in an hour."

Suddenly, Grayson pushed me down between my grandma's car and another. "Down! Get down!"

I looked at him confused. "Why-"

"I can't believe...How do they know where to find me?" He interrupted looking at the front of the car.

I followed his eyes and two paparazzi vans parked. Then the paparazzi hopped out the vans and started walking around in different directions with cameras in their hands.

Not again!

"My sister knows how to find you and she's from Kalamazoo."

He sighed, "Alright, here. Put these on." He handed me his back sunglasses.

I sighed and looked at them, putting them on.

Grayson looked around for any sign of paparazzi. "Now!" He said and crouched and moved to the driver door, opened it and got inside.

I tried to open the door but Grayson pushed it open from the inside and it hit me. I groaned and got back up, my glasses askew. "Okay, you really need to stop hitting me with doors."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Just get in, get in, get in!" He panicked.

I got in the car and looked at the paparazzi who were still walking around with their cameras.

"Quick, buckle up! Put your head down, head down!" He said pushing my head down.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as he was rifling through the compartment in the car.

"I'm looking for something." He mumbled then pulled out my grandma's scarf with flowers on.

"Here, put this one." He passes it to me.

"What..Why?!"

"Just do it!"

"O-okay!" I said, putting the scarf over the back of my head.

Grayson pulled his collar up, his hat over his forehead and he was slightly squinting.

The paparazzi looked into the car, realizing it's not Grayson and walked away frustratingly.

We both sighed in relief as Grayson drove the car around a bend and onto the main road.

We chuckled as Grayson pulled his collar down.

"You know what? You drive like my grandpa." I told him.

"And you look like my grandma." We both laughed again and I took the flowery scarf off.

I looked out of the window, not knowing where we're going.

This is going to be fun.

______________

Don't forget to vote, comment and share ♡.