t e n

SYDNEY

I woke up the next day to a knocking on the bedroom door. "Sydney, come down for breakfast." Mum announced and i yawned, getting out of the bed.

I made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my business and when I finished, I went downstairs.

"Good morning sunshine." Mum greeted me as I sat down. "Hey."

"Syrup please." Jessica asks, holding a Grayson Dolan magazine.

"I didn't see any. Mum you got any more syrup?" Mum asked grandma as I took a bite of the pancake in frong of me.

"Oh, sure. On the top left shelf in the garage."

"I'll get it." Jessica said and stood up, making her way to the garage.

I widened my eyes and dropped my fork, realizing Grayson's in there. "No, I'll get it!" I followed her.

"How was your little cab ride?" Jessica asked.

"Um, what cab ride?"

"What cab ride? Ugh, I was this close to meeting Grayson Dolan and I had to leave cause Ethan told me you decided to take a cab ride." She said then pressed the switch on the remote to open the garage door.

"Oh! That cab." I snatched the remote, shutting the door again.

"Where did you go? Oh wait, don't tell me cause I don't want to get bored." She tried again with the garage door and I took the remote again, shutting it off.

"Uh, I'll make it up to you. I'll help you find him."

"And how are you going to do that?" She snatched the remote again and I sighed, taking it again.

"Let's go um.. let's go inside and research." I suggested. "Mum and Dad  don't even need to know."

"Mum and Dad don't need to know what?" My dad said behind me, taking the remote and opening the garage door. I widened my eyes.

Oh my God. I'm screwed.

"Nothing!" We both said together.

The door opened revealing an empty garage and I sighed in relief. My dad walked forward and taking the syrup from the top left shelf before walking out and closed the door.

"I don't understand you girls." He shook his head and we followed behind him.

"Oh, thank you." Grandma thanked my dad as she took the syrup from him.

"No problem." He smiled at her.

"Oh, Jessica!" Grandma stood up. "They're doing a story on television of the boy you like so much in there." She said and Jessica and I started running towards the remote.

At this point I wanted to scream, keeping something from my sister is a lot harder than I thought.

I grabbed the remote first, keeping it out of Jessica's reach. "Let..me. Give it to me!"

"What..no!"

"What is it with you?" She asked and before I could come up with something, she grabbed the remote and turned on the T.V.

"...Dolan, Sasha Bender arrived at her birthday party without her leading man. Although, no one saw him arrive at the fabulous club Under 21. Witnesses comfirm that Grayson Dolan did indeed make a secret appearance to sing for the packed house of well-wishers. The party goers say that the popstar left the club immediately following his performance, only to magically reappear at his Beverly Hills mansion several hours later... with a different girl."

I widened my eyes, mouth wide open and suddenly I felt like throwing up.

"My sources tell me this mystery girl might be stealing the heart of our favorite popstar." I quickly grabbed the remote from my sister and turned it down.

"Stop, I want to see that!" Jessica struggled to take the remote back.

"Why? It's all lies, technically slander."

"Why do you care? You don't even like him." She took the remote from my hands.

"I care about the truth," I took the remote. "And I'm pretty sure that's not it." I pointed at the T.V.

"Girls knock it off!" My dad told us as we kept on struggling with each other.

"I know what!" I saw my grandma get up. "It's a beautiful day, here take the keys to my car and go to the beach." She suggested.

"Really? Thanks grandma!" Jessica let go of the remote and took the keys, giving me a glare.

"Take Sydney with you!" Mum told her and she let out a groan making me roll my eyes. "Go!" Mum told me and I sighed, following unwillingly.