5

jeongin pov

she gave me a light smile and got to work. we've only known each other for about 3 days but she really was something else. bang hyunji was literally a female version of chan. everything she said or did reminded me of chan hyung.

"thank you, hyunji" i said as i looked at her from afar and smiled to myself a bit.

2 1/2 hours later

the boys left the cafe because they had to get home, chan had a date so it left hyunji and i at the cafe. i didn't mind though, she gave good company.

"hyunji, i have a date tonight with sejoon from the party we went to last time. i'm closing up early. thank you for today. i'll see you tomorrow right? oh and you too jeongin!" he said as he ruffled hyunjis hair and left.

i turned to hyunji and she sighed as she looked down on the floor. "how lucky sejoon is.." her eyes seemed glossy for a second until she looked my way.

"oh jeongin! i forgot you were there!! let's go yea?" she said as she took off her apron and pulled me along to lock up. how can you pretend to be so happy all the time, bang hyunji? "i, have somewhere i want to bring you. may i?" i said as she showed a flustered look before she nodded.

we walked side by side. it was a beautiful summer night. the stars were displayed in the sky and everything seemed so perfect. it had just rained a few hours ago so it was rainy summer air which was nice. we enjoyed the weather as we arrived.

"we arrived. sit" i said as i sat on the grass on the hill looking up towards the stars. i always came here whenever i needed to let my feelings out and i knew this is something hyunji needed after what i just witnessed.

"this is so beautiful" she said as she threw herself back laying down in the grass. i then followed. "yea i know." "why did you bring me here, yang jeongin?" she said as she turned her head to look at me. she looked pretty, very pretty.

"i saw.. earlier when sihyun called you his sister and mentioned another girl you got sad. i wanted to give this place to you. i come here whenever i have a lot of my mind. i want to share it with you. but may i ask... why does the things sihyun do make you sad?" i asked as she sighed and opened her mouth to talk.

"sihyun was my first love. we were childhood friends. one day i just fell for him. i thought he felt the same way. but i was wrong. i was in a one sided love. a one sided relationship. ever since then, i pulled myself away from boys besides jinyoung and chan. i don't want my heart to ache anymore." she said as she avoided eye contact with me. i always heard she never dated and now i know why.

"is this why you don't date? is this why you pull yourself away? but why? it is only one boy" i said as she shook her head and pressed her lips into a thin line.

"you see jeongin, my heart already assumes all boys are all the same. you never see a true relationship. everyone breaks up after one falls out of love and honestly, my heart isn't ready for that type of pain just yet. i already got a free trail" she said as a tear rolled down from her eye.

"let me show you otherwise" i'm not sure what i was saying but in the back of my head i knew. i wanted to help hyunji get over this heartache. i wanted to make it my priority.

"try, yang jeongin" she said as she sat up and began walking home with glossy eyes.

bang hyunji, i'll show you what it's like to love someone unconditionally and what it's like to be loved by someone other than family. i'll protect you and be there for you.