Chapter Four

Erina's mood changed that day from irritated to mild excitement, after Soma saved her from Matsumoto she treat Soma for lunch at her restaurant serving him only the best ones. She sometimes peek at him and just stare at him while he eats all alone whenever a girl will dare make a move towards him, she asks some of the waiter to put something in Soma's table; napkins, extra spoon or fork, a glass of water, a glass of good wine. Soma felt too special and it actually touches him for a bit. Ugh, Nakiri's people were kind he often thought. After his meal he thanked Erina and went on his own way.

After that Erina felt ashamed of herself she promised to herself not long ago that she'll completely ignore this silly feelings he had for him but still here she was and still waiting for Soma to give him his number or vice versa. It's too complicated and she's getting delusional if Alice is here she'll definitely tease her to death.

After another tiring day at work, Erina went home to her own penthouse. It was located near her restaurant so it becomes an easy access. On her way to the building he saw a flash of red in the hallway, her eyes twinkled, it was him!

"Yukihi– SOMA!" she called.

Soma turn to look at her flashed her a wide smile. "Yo!"

Is it fate? They become neighbors.

--

Erina couldn't contain her excitement. Yukihira Soma was her neighbor. She smiled, silently picking a pillow and burying her tomato red face in there. Ugh! Why is her heart beating so loud?

She dressed herself in a pink see-through nightgown and made a meal for herself, a simple dinner. She made a cup of tea for herself and decided to roam at the balcony.

Stretching her arms like a cat she almost purred at the sensation, the light breeze and the moon shines brightly in front of her. She sipped her cup of tea then almost choked when someone called her name.

"Nakiri."

Soma stood at the other balcony wearing nothing but a boxer short, his arms flexing and Erina's eyes instantly wandered down his chiseled body's perfection. That once skinny Soma turned into a hunk like–

Erina, you hentai!!

She mentally scolded herself for it.

"Yukihi– Soma-kun.."

"It's cold out here why are you wearing than thin piece of clothing?" Soma asked, the redness of his cheeks evident in the silky glow of the moon light.

"Says the one who wear nothing but an underwear." Erina said, averting her gaze back at the busy streets of London.

Soma chuckled at her response. "Yeah you're definitely right."

A comfortable silence was set upon them, Erina sipped more of her tea and Soma just admired the city view laid in front of him, that moment felt good. Soma cleared his throat. "... who's the guy earlier?"

This caught Erina's attention, "He's an acquaintance back when I was young, he's really like that saying stuff like becoming my lover or whatever."

"He better back off you know. I heard everything he said and it kinda pissed me off too."

Erina smiled, "Thank you, really."

Soma looked at her and it was not the best thing he ever did, he's mesmerized, her pink lips, her eyes that sparkled with different colors reflecting the lights, her hair that sways back, every little thing. He couldn't speak.

"Kirei."

This brought Erina's attention back to Soma again and she saw how he's looking mesmerized at her. "Ano..."

"Nakiri."

It put her heart to stop. He called her Nakiri again when she thought they'll get back to the first name basis. But why? Her mind is playing tricks with her again she said she wouldn't acknowledge this feelings but why? Why is she feeling this way?

Soma smiled, the time to know the truth comes now. "Did you really loved me? Back then."

Erina felt her heart beat faster, faster than when Soma saved him earlier. "What kind of ques–"

"Just please answer me."

"Yes, I did." Soma's heart almost leapt out of his heart, he wanted to hold her and kiss her senseless but one more question was left unasked.

"Why?–"

"Soma. Why are you asking me this questions?"

"I figured...." Soma scratched his head, "... if I found out everything then I'll be able to move on from you. I'll be able to forget you, forget everything and stop chasing after you. I figured it might be a way to stop loving you." Soma smiled.

Erina's heart is overjoyed that she found out how Soma still love her, but at the same time couldn't accept the fact that he wants nothing to do with those feeling anymore.

"So, I am asking you again. Why did you leave me? We were just a couple for a month, am I something you just pla–"

"Because I saw you.... I saw you kissing Mito that night at Hayama's opening ceremony for his restaurant. It hurt y'know."

Soma almost chuckled, "Oh god no."

Erina's blush subsided. "Nani?"

"That night, she confessed her feelings to me saying how she was in loved with me ever since our shokugeki and I turned her down because I had you."

Erina was right. She misunderstood things.

"Why kiss her then?"

"No I didn't. Nikumi at that time was half drunk she kissed me saying that it'll be our last interaction because she'll be leaving the other day."

Erina was left dumbfounded. All this time?

"I was afraid that some deeper reason separated us but now I know why. Thank you, Erina. I figured that we're exes and shouldn't be interacting so much now. I must've made you so uncomfortable so I'll be leaving for another penthouse next week. Good bye, Nakiri."

With that, Soma went inside leaving Erina flushed. No, she just can't let him go like that.