Chapter Two

Erina woke up with a really bad headache. Sighing she made her way into the restroom and decided to get ready for the day, her smartphone blinked.

From: Alice Kurokiba

Hey Erina my lovely lovely and ever so single cousin, thank u so much for coming! Is it fun? Dancing with Yukihira and all? Hehe hope u had a wonderful evening! ^^

"That Alice!" she said in between grunts. It is true, she actually danced with Yukihira last night, and it's one hell of a night.

--

The two of them barely made eye contact while dancing. Nakiri Erina and Yukihira Soma is summoned to the dance floor by the one and only Alice, they've been dancing for some minutes now, almost all of the couples are with them too enjoying this lustrous night. She didn't know why she was expecting for Soma to talk to her first but she's been itching to talk to him now, wait... Does this mean she's still in love with him? Is it?

"You look really nice tonight, Nakiri."

Erina dared to look up at him and at that moment she almost felt her legs turn to jelly. His eyes, it's still as gold as ever, his smile it is the warmest one she's seen of him. Is this real? Why did Soma have to be so handsome?

"Arigatou, Yukihira-kun."

Soma chuckled, "There it is again. Calling me Yukihira-kun and all."

"Then.." Erina blushed, baka baka! "Nandemonai."

Soma smiled, she's so beautiful with her hair up like that, her face with almost no make up at all. She's perfection itself.

"I know it's kind of late to be asking this but... why? Why did you leave, Erina?"

Erina's ears perked up. She stopped swaying her body and an undeniable gasp left her lips, it's too painful she untangled herself from him and ran. Ran far far away.

She talked to Alice and said her good byes, she didn't mean for this feelings to open up again. She's in pain, because of him and so she went home.

--

Megumi showed up at Nakiri's residence with a bag of goodies. She called Erina and said she'll be coming. As soon as she was there they sat at Erina's room and chatted for a while, a maid serving them the cookies Megumi brought.

"It's crunchy outside but well baked and soft inside, sugoi!" Erina complimented.

Megumi smiled, "Takumi baked them for me since I've been craving sweets for a very long time."

The curious Erina asked, "So how'd the two of you get in loved?"

The question made Megumi blushed, "Well a lot happened and one thing led to another... even I don't know how we made it here. Love is a really complicated thing Nakiri-san."

"Are you two living in Italy?"

"Nope, Isami handles the restaurant at Italy while Takumi decided to get a branch here in Japan. It's actually good."

"I'm happy for you, Nakiri–"

"Erina is just fine."

The two continued to talk and laugh, enjoying their girl bond. It's been a while since Erina talked to a former batchmate and a Polar Star dormmate, it's refreshing having to talk to someone as sweet and lovely as Megumi.

While sipping their cups of tea, Megumi remembered something. "Ah!"

"What is it, Megumi-chan?"

"I didn't noticed you at the reception of Alice-san's wedding after the dance? Were you feeling ill at that time?"

"A-actually..."

"Is Soma-kun the reason of your disappearance?"

Megumi hit that spot.

Erina clutched her cup, fighting the pain in her chest. She nodded.

"Ah.."

"It's the opening ceremony of Hayama's restaurant it was supposed to be the day that we'll be announcing it to you all... that we are lovers."

Megumi almost died, "L-lover!!!"

Once again, Erina nodded, "But I saw him kissing Mito. It was rough. I couldn't belive it and so I left and texted Soma that we're over. I just couldn't face him after all."

"Soma no baka! I will kill him when I see him again!"

Erina almost choked at the sight, she never saw Megumi this angry but after a while she smiled, oh, pregnancy really does things...

"But I think that was just an accident. After you left, Soma's plans changed as well."

"Plans? Changed?"

Megumi nodded, "Before, his plan was to run the family diner they had together with his dad but when you left he kept on insisting that he wants to be a freelance chef instead and the first country he went to was London."

"I don't know but Soma rarely smiles and jokes with us ever again we all thought that maybe it's just that he gets mature everyday and so was his actions but we can't hide the fact that we miss the old Soma."

"He went to London."

"Yes. Right after a week or so he came back."

"Megumi-chan... ano... do you think Yukihira–"

"Erina, I think he came there for you. I think he looked for you. I don't know if he saw you but I know that he went there because of you." Megumi said.

A part of Erina wanted to see Soma, to confirm things, it was hard to admit but she definitely missed him. She missed Soma's voice, his laugh, his crazy dishes, his silly jokes, his smile, his kisses, everything. But a part of her wanted to deny those facts, she doesn't want to get hurt again she can't risk her heart and fail again. She loved Soma but that was in the past now. Her mind began to shuffle and she chose the latter.

Besides she convinced herself that she is now fine, that she is happy and in two days time she'll be flying back to London.