📌 Prolouge 📌

"Mou, Erina!" Alice Nakiri pouted at the small screen provided by her smartphone. She is currently talking to her beloved cousin, none other than the God's Tongue herself, Erina Nakiri.

"Alice I already tried to arrange some of my meetings and I think it's really impossible for me to book a flight back to Japan." Erina explained, shuffling some of her workpapers aside and removed her eye glasses.

Alice continously pouted at her, "You're looking as haggard as ever, Erina. A small me-time like attending my wedding can soothe you after all."

"Gomen Alice, it's just this week is really hectic fo–"

"Yukihira-kun will attend!" Alice nagged her further hoping for the mention of Yukihira to get Erina's attention.

"H-huh!? Why did you have to bring up that sorry excuse of a chef in our conversation!!"

"Nandemonai! It's just fun to watch your face get all red when I mention something like Yu~Ki~Hi~Ra!" Alice teased her and it really made the beautiful chef blush more and more.

"Of course, I'm not blushing when-"

Alice cut off her excuse "Hai, hai, just go to my wedding and I promise you if you ditch me I'm not going to acknowledge you anymore hmpff!"

"M-matte Alice!–"

Alice hanged up. "URGH!" Erina sighed.

It's really been five years since she departed from Japan, she didn't know why but it actually stings her heart everytime she remembers Yukihira Soma that night.. That fateful night..

--

"Here, here get more of this sake, Nakiri-san!" Isshiki-senpai said, even though he graduated first before them he always, always hangs out with them. The Polar Star Dorm is really a family. Erina accepted the drink and ate more of the dishes placed at the table. Everyone seems to be having fun since it was their last day in Polar Star Dorm.

Alice and Ryou was seated at the center of the crowd, playing a game of truth or dare with some of their batchmates. Megumi and Takumi seems to be having their own moment by the kitchen sharing some of their stories and laughing, Erina's eyes literally twinkled. Ugh those two seems like a perfect couple.

She glanced at her side to see Ryoko and Yuki that seems to be having fun as well. "Yo Erina-cchi! Is the sake good?" Ryoko asked. She nodded and sipped more of it.

Erina smiled, it was fun, happy and a sparkling memory but still a bit sad since she realized that they will all be separating and all of the fun they had will remain memories. A lone tear escaped her eye and Yuki took notice of that.

"Ah! Erina-cchi you're crying!"

Erina startled at the sudden intrusion made her smile, "No, it's just a yawn."

"A-are! But I didn't saw you yawn or something!" Ryoko asked.

"Yosh!" A loud sound boomed in the whole dormitory. Alice is holding a microphone, her cheeks as red as apple and Ryou was passed out at one of the sofa together with Hayama, seems like the two engaged in a war of drinking. "I would like to ask my cousin, Erina Nakiri to go here and say her farewell."

"FAREWELL!?" Everyone said in unison.

"Erina will be flying to London tomorrow–"

Erina once again startled at everyone's reaction suddenly turned pink because everybody's attention is currently directed at her. Alice smiled as she saw a flash of red behind Erina, "Minna-san! Let's party!" Alice shouted, making way for Soma to grab Erina and talk to her.

"Yukihi–"

At one moment she was standing in the center of the crowd and the next she's standing at the balcony with Soma behind her panting as well as she is. Oh, he dragged her here. But why?

"Y-Yukihira why–"

"London?"

Erina bit her lip. She stared at Soma's golden orbs and felt so utterly lost by it. It feels like she's staring at the sun itself, molten gold mix with black, it's beautiful.

"Kirei." She covered her mouth, did she just said it out loud?

"Kirei what?"

"Nandemo, I just–"

"I like you."

Her blush deepened. She lost count of all the times she turned red. He likes her? Her? He likes HER!?

"M-m-matte! Yukihi–"

A pair of sweet lips covered her own, a tongue seeking out hers. It feels gentle she suddenly closed her eyes. Beautiful, sweet. This moment is really tantalizing.

I like you too. I like you too.

Erina itched to say it, Soma's lips left hers and once again a fan of hot breath covered her face. It smelled of sake and a bit of peppermit. She clutched her arms so hard that her nails bite her skin and then she felt cold. Soma stepped back away from away. His cheeks a shade of crimson he too, he's nervous as she is.

"Soma-kun I know it's weird but I want to know it and confirm it." Erina blushed looking away at him then she heard a simple "Hmm"

"Y-you like me?"

Her chest tightened, what if it's a mere joke? Is it an opposite day today? What will she do if he says he doesn't? How will she hide her disappointment afterwards? Just how?!

"I like you, since I saw you that day. That day at the entrance ceremony I like your attitude and everything about you that day I thought it's nothing that maybe I'm just attracted to you because you're beautiful but no, it's more than that. Everyday at the academy I tried my best for everything I cooked because I want to impress you, because I want to walk just right beside you. I sometimes find an excuse to talk to you just so I can hear you say my name, it made me happy. That days when you stayed at the Polar Star is one of the best times of my life. I realized that day that you went up to my room that I liked you. I really like you, until now I do."

Erina was dumbfounded.

"So please... don't leave. Just please don't leave."

Erina closed her eyes. This has got to be a freaking dream right? Just a dream.

She walked towards the door, Soma sighed. He knew it, he definitely has no chance with Erina. He smiled, a sad one. But then he heard a click and a voice calling out to him.

"Yukihira, I-I like you too. A lot. Everyday, I want to be able to see you.. so... I will not leave.."

Soma was dumbfounded. Not until a pair of arms encircled his neck and a warm body presses against his own. Erina hugged him tightly. "I love you." And that was it..

For them it was the happiest moment that ever happened.

--

But why? Why did he have to do it? Isn't she enough already? Why did Yukihira Soma broke her heart?