Chapter 27

~Hideaki's POV~

-Recap-

"Can we get something to drink please?" Kuma calls out.

There's a crash in the back part of the tent, followed by the sound of someone loudly cursing.

"Just hold on a second, will ya?!" Shouts an aggravated voice from the back of the tent.

An older man emerges from the back of the tent, wiping his hands on a rag and grumbling to himself.

Without looking up, the man snarls, "Yeah, what do you want?"

"My friend here wants something to drink, and I'd kindly appreciate it if you'd get it for him." Kuma says, smiling.

"Get it yourself, you lazy son of a-" The man glances up and freezes when he realizes that Kuma's the one he is talking to.

"I'm so sorry sir, I thought you were someone else!" The cook exclaims, completely mortified. "Please let me make it up to you S-"

Kuma quickly cuts him off by waving his hand and saying, "It's fine. Now, we have a guest, and he needs a drink."

By this time I was hiding behind Kuma's leg, for I was frightened by the gruff looking man in front of me. Kuma gently slides me forward from behind him, and I realize that my head barely reaches over the counter top.

"Ah, I see." Says the cook. He nods and sets the rag down on the counter. "Right away, sir. One drink coming up."

The cook turns around and starts banging pots and pans together, searching for something.

While the cooks searches around, he asks, "What would you like to drink, Little Master?"

"Something non-alcoholic, please." Kuma says after a few moments of silence. He had to for I can't speak because of my sore throat, so in order to thank Kuma I shoot him a grateful glance.

"Sure thing." Grunts the cook. "But the only thing I have is a little broth left over from breakfast. Does that sound alright?"

I nod when Kuma glances down at me. Kuma looks back up at the cook and responds, "Yes, that will be just fine, thank you."

The cook turns on the stove and sets a small pot with a brownish liquid in it on the stove top. We wait and after the pot's contents start to bubble, the cook lifts the pot off of the flames and pours the broth into a big coffee mug.

"Here you go, Little Master." Says the cook. "Enjoy!"

The cook then walks away, muttering to himself about some foods he needs for tonight's dinner.