Chapter 50

(A/N: Woot! Chapter 50 is here! Now, I'll give you a bit of a treat with this... A super chapter containing a special character's POV!

Enjoy!)

~A Few Minutes Later, By the Palace Gates~

I meet Kuma, who's already changed and waiting for me. We then wordlessly turn and walk down to the training grounds. As we walk, Kuma asks, "So, what's the plan?"

"I was thinking that we just keep hitting each other until we call it a day." I reply.

I turn when Kuma lets out a small laugh. "What?!" I exclaim.

"You're a savage little beast, aren't you?" He chuckles, moving to ruffle my hair.

I growl and swat his hand away. "Well, do you have a better idea?" I challenge.

".... No." Is his reply.

I cross my arms smugly. "I thought not."

He shakes his head. "Okay, but there should be some restrictions in place. I don't want to accidently kill you, ya know."

I sniff, but think about it a bit before propose, "Well, I'd like it to be as close to a battle as possible. So anything goes: weapons, ninjutsu, genjutsu, traps and the like. The only stipulation is that it all has to be nonlethal."

"Isn't that a given?" Kuma cheekily replies.

"S-shut up, Kuma!" I growl, hitting him on the arm while trying not to blush.

He easily dodges my blow, and dances away from me, taunting, "Is that all you're going to throw at me, Ku-chan? If so, you're toast! That was the most pitiful punch I've ever seen!"

My face blooms red in anger. "Why you!" I cry, lunging at him.

He dances around, laughing as I half-heartedly try to strike him with my long nails.

"Curse you Kuma!" I growl, still trying to swipe at him with my claws. "Hold still!"

After a bit Kuma stops and easily catches my wrists, holding them up in the air, bringing me to a halt right in front of him. We both pause like that, panting.

"Okay, that's enough of that." Kuma gasps.

I growl and start thrashing, disagreeing with him as I angrily spit at him.

"Whoa, calm down there tiger." Kuma chuckles, tightening his grip on me as I struggle. "Save the effort of gutting me for the training grounds."

I finally calm down and glare at him. "Fine, but be prepared to be annihilated, Kuma!"

After a bit of a walk, we both reach the training ground. I set my stuff down and begin unpacking my stuff, preparing for the spar.

"That's a lot of stuff you got there, Kurai." Kuma notes, looking at all of my stuff.

"S-shut up!" I growl. "You're not supposed to be over here anyway! Don't you have something you need to do?"

"Not really." He callously replies.

I let out a small exasperated snarl, and go back to unpacking my many weapons and sealing them into scrolls. But then a hand firmly seizes my collar, and drags me away from my stuff.

"Hey! I wasn't finished yet!" I yell, scrambling to keep myself upright as I'm dragged backwards.

"You had too much stuff, Kurai. This is just a spar, not a battle." Kuma finally replies.

I let out a grunt, crossing my arms unhappily. "I need all that stuff if I want to defeat you.." I grumble.

"I'm flattered that you think so highly of me," Kuma replies, "But really, you should have done all of that before you suggested a spar."