Chapter 42

~Kurai's POV~

"Again." I say to Hideaki, as he crouches, panting heavily in front of me.

We were in the training grounds again, but this time I was sparring against him as he tried to push me out of a circle I drew around me. After a bit of this, I nod at Hideaki, and we both sit down where we stand, both panting heavily... Well, he collapsed, I sat down, but same thing.

I wipe a bead of sweat from my brow, and puff, "You're definitely getting better with your chakra usage, Hideaki. I think it's time to go to the next stage."

He nods at me as he pants, his eyes lit with determination and excitement. We take about ten minutes to rest and drink some water, and then prepare for the next part of Hideaki's training.

The idea of this part of the training was to get Hideaki used to drawing his chakra to any point of his body at a moment's notice. In order to do this, I attacked him with some of the more non-lethal moves that I knew.

After I activated my kekkei genkai, I leap back from our stand off, and start making rapid handsigns, forming my De~yuaru kōri no ha (Dual Ice Blades) on my elbows, and rush forward at Hideaki, slashing at him.

(A/N: Think of Guren with her Jade Crystal Blades)

He leaps away from me, twisting and ducking to avoid the sharp knives aimed at him, and I follow him, doggedly pressing against his defence. "Stop dodging and fight me!" I bark, swinging at him a final time.

Hideaki just narrows his eyes at me, and something thunders into my back, forcing me to the ground. But I poof away as soon as the true Hideaki kicks into the small of my back, revealing that I was a clone. I appear behind Hideaki's back, and his clone's eyes widen in surprise and shock.

"Too slow," I tease, and quickly place my arm around his neck, the blade pressing against his jugular. He just grunts, and then slams his head back into my nose, breaking it.

"Shit!" I yell, breaking away from him and clutching my now broken sniffer. "Awh, that hurt! I'll get you for that, you brat!" I yell, glaring at him, my voice slightly muffled from my hands attempting to staunch the flow blood dripping from my nose.

"Just try it, I dare you." Hideaki growls, standing proud and true in front of me. I glare at him, and then slash the air both of my arms, creating a wave a harsh wind heading straight for him. His eyes widen, and I see him force chakra into his feet as he leaps high into the air, neatly avoiding my attack.

"You left yourself wide open." I growl, appearing behind him. I strike at his back, only to feel myself being pushed back when his back erupts into flames. We both hit the earth hard, and lie on our respective craters panting.

"W-we're not d-done yet..." I pant, struggling up into a standing position. I combine my water and wind chakra in one hand, and press down on it with another before bringing it away and lifting the resulting disk high in the air. The disk of ice grows rapidly when I grip the center with both hands, and it rapidly morphs into a large, shiny and extremely dense shuriken.