Chapter 57

(A/N: I'm trying to wrap up this arc in the story, so I'll have a lot of songs in this chapter to try and get to the first naruto season, which will be in the sequel to this.)

~3rd Person POV~

After that, Kurai avoided Kuma whenever she sees him, to the point where she'd even leave Hideaki while she's training with him. Winter soon passes into spring, then an early summer.

All this time, Hideaki refuses to train or even hang out with Kuma. Despite the tension between them, Kurai is trying to make Hideaki go train with said man, knowing that he's a great teacher for him. But instead Hideaki hangs around with Kurai and also trains with whomever is working with Kurai.

To try and stem the pain she's feeling, Kurai buries herself in her studies of the sacred scrolls and jutsus - often staying up late and falling asleep on her desk. Akemi and the others become concerned, but she won't speak to them about anything - her feelings, her past, etc. Instead she acts alright by putting on a smile that fades when she turns and or walks away from them.

After a month of this, Akemi and Hotaru are fed up. Even Hideaki is unhappy with the tension in his new family. All 3 start conspiring on how to make the two either make up or move on so that this depressed aura hanging over them all will go away.

First plan: To try and break Kurai out of her emotionless shell, while having Kuma nearby to make up to her. Results: Fail. The only time that Kurai seems to show her emotion is when she's fighting. She becomes reckless and hits a lot harder than she needs to, putting herself and other at risk.

Finally, during a sparring session, Akemi and Hotaru manage to pin her, and convince her to let it go in a song.

Kurai finally agrees, and the two let her up. She takes a deep breath, and looks up to the sky as she begins to sing.

~She's So Gone By Naomi Scott, From the movie Lemonade Mouth~

~Insecure

In her skin

Like a puppet, a girl on a string

Broke away

Learned to fly

If you want her back, gotta let her shine

So it looks like the joke's on you

'Cause the girl that you thought you knew

She's so gone

That's so over now

She's so gone~

While she sings, she suddenly turns and points at the trees, where Kuma is hidden, having been brought there by the girls.

~You won't find her around

You can look but you won't see

The girl I used to be

'Cause she's

She's so gone

Here I am

This is me

And I'm stronger than you ever thought I'd be

Are you shocked?

Are you mad?

That you're missing out on who I really am

Now it looks like the joke's on you

'Cause the girl that you thought you knew

She's so gone

That's so over now

She's so gone

You won't find her around