.27.

it's actually still your POV what a miracle

"George Miller?"

Joji had been stood up ever since you got to the hospital. His eyes had been closed for a good few minutes.

"Joji, you've been called." You reminded him, and walked to the triage room and went through all of the basic questions.

"How long has it been since this happened?" The doctor asked.

"Uhm, I'd say about a day or two? I think. I'm almost sure. Time's just really flown since it happened and I haven't really been paying attention to what day it is." Joji replied. As far as you knew, it was tuesday, and you weren't 100% sure as you woke up at half 3.

Eugh. Hospitals give you the creeps. Waiting to be seen is a nightmare in itself and nobody fucking likes sitting next to a complete stranger who wants to make small talk about his favourite nut type at 5pm. (idk how american hospitals are but it's like that in the uk. i'll include joji's bills tho)

Obviously, Joji was reluctant to go, but Joel had gotten him good and you were really scared that his rib was broken. Especially with the wince as your fingertips only just brushed his side.

"Okay. I'll put down 24 hours to 48 hours. How has the pain been, on a scale of 1 to 10? 1 being the lowest amount, of course."

"A good 6 or 7. I've been taking painkillers but they aren't helping that much at all."

Jesus Christ. If you hadn't have slept for so long then you would've noticed how much pain he was in before. Idiot.

"Can you bend over at all?"

"I can if I keep my torso completely straight."

"And that's why you're sitting so rigidly?" You looked over at Joji, noticing his military-like posture that you'd never seen before. The guy was usually so relaxed. He just nodded slowly.

"Okay, so...we will be doing an X-ray to check if any of your ribs are broken, and other various tests to check your lungs and liver and other organs. Uh, Miss..."

"(Y/L/N)."

"Miss (Y/L/N), if you could please go to the waiting room until we return, and Mr. Miller, if you could just follow me?"

As you helped him up, Joji gave you a small smile. "I'll be fine." he told you as you parted ways.
"If I'm not in here, I'll just be outside!" you replied.

'I'll be fine.' what a joke, you thought as you walked to the front of the hospital. He's lying to make me feel better. Oh, Joel. I could smack you in the face so hard right now. Fucking poojabber. If it wasn't for that horrible cunt, I wouldn't be sat here. Oh dear God, this is my fault. I should've answered the door. I should've taken the beating for him, at least I'm used to it. Oh fuck, this is my fault, isn't it? I could've stopped this from happening, I sh-

Your negative thoughts were silenced by the phone ringing. Ian.

"Hey, faggot. Where are you two? George asked me to come over."

"Uh, we're at the hospital."

"What?! Why?"

"Uh, J-Joel came over, and he beat Joji up a-and it's my fault and-"

"Listen (Y/N). Send me the hospital location, I'm coming straight there. It isn't your fault! I'm coming straight there."

Ian hung up, asking for the location again as you started to shake. Fuck.

dm me if u want my sc

this was longer than usual wowieeeee