.9.

Joji's pov

I couldn't sleep. I, being the retard I am, chose the uncomfortable sofa, and so couldn't get a single wink.

I decided making some music could pass the time, so I put on my glasses that I only wore when I felt like I needed them more than usual, took my laptop and plodded out to my balcony with the little shed with all of my recording equipment.

Making the music itself didn't take that long, but thinking up fresh lyrics was just too difficult.

Then I remembered my notepad with a bunch of lyrics waiting to be used.

I chose a small section and altered the lyrics, before singing softly into my mic.

"I can't do this face to face,

but I'll admit that I'm afraid,

let this romance go to waste,

excuse me for my plastic taste.

excuse me for my plastic taste,

let this romance go to waste,

away."

I found myself crying a bit when I'd finished singing, as I remembered who that was about.

Then I remembered why I made her leave, and I was just angry.

"That was really nice, Joji." I heard (Y/N) say, and yawn.

All of my anger melted away as I turned around.

She was hugging a blanket. And I wanted to cry from this little pain in my chest because she was just so damn cute and I wanted to tell her but I just couldn't and I don't even understand why I didn't and she didn't deserve any of the pain and hurt she'd been through and fuck I just wanted to cuddle her and take all of her pain away and-

"Are you crying?" She asked, walking over tiredly and giving me a tight hug.

"No, no, just wind in my eye," I lied. "Why aren't you asleep?" I asked her.

"Oh, I just woke up. Recurring d-dream." I knew the dream she was on about, and I felt so bad.

"Come on, I'll save this and we can both try and get some sleep, okay?"

"Okay."