.1.

You cried as your stomach was kicked again. "Worthless bitch," Joel shouted as he spat on you. It was disgusting. "You can sleep on the floor tonight." he told you before kicking your arm, and storming off to (now) his bedroom. The one you were meant to share.

You'd had enough. Three years of this bullshit, and you just accepted it because no one would listen, no one would help. Using the battered sofa next to you, you dragged yourself up. And grabbed his wallet. And took all of the cash Joel had in there from his little drug business.

Silently grabbing your shoes, you set off, opening the apartment door as quietly as you could, but it creaked. Shit. Your felt the familiar sinking feeling you got whenever you were noticed by Joel.

It was too late to back out now. You ran as he screamed "WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?!" and ran down the stairs, the elevators being too slow. Well, as far as you could remember. You hadn't been allowed outside in months. You managed to get halfway down the fifth floor steps before tumbling down.

No, you wouldn't be able to run down them now. You limped as fast as you could across the fifth floor of the apartment building, as you heard his screaming. The neighbours on 6th, 7th and 8th were used to it, but a door opened in your face as someone heard it.

"Shit I'm so sorry, are you alright?" An Australian accented voice asked.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine..." you replied, your voice raspy from not using it in a while.

"Are you su-oh my god!" the guy whisper-shouted. He'd obviously noticed your bruises.

"It's, it's fine-" you replied, before you heard Joel's shouts again. "Where are you, you stupid whore?". The sound of his voice made you cry out. "I, I need to h-hide..." you muttered out.

"Yeah, o-okay, can you stand? No that's a stupid question, come here." he said, worrying as he wrapped your arm around his neck. It obviously hurt, but he was trying to help you so you didn't complain. Anyway, you had felt worse.

As the boy helped you inside the apartment, another voice called out. "Max, what was it?" His voice sounded nice. Not too deep, but not squeaky either.

"One second!" The guy who was apparently called Max replied. You looked up to see a skinny boy, with hair that was poofy and just reached his eyes unless he pushed it back. He must be around twenty-something.

"Joji can, can you come in here please?" He asked. Joji is a cool name. A guy with black hair appeared, and looked straight at you. As you studied him, you noticed he looked quite attractive. And possibly went to the gym. He noticed your bruises and how you were shivering, and just stared. Probably in disgust.

"Fuck, I'll be right back!" He exclaimed.

See, he's disgusted, you thought to yourself. Surprisingly, he came back with a fluffy towel and some nice clothes. "You can take a shower, and I'll wash your clothes. You can wear these after, they'll be a bit big though. Wait, will a shower hurt? Are you hungry? Do you need a drink?" He was rambling, but it was cute. And his voice was attractive too.

"It's okay, y-you don't n-need to do t-t-this!" you told the man called Joji. You weren't going to be rude to him or anything.

"No, I insist. The bathroom's through there." he pointed, and smiled.

"T-thank you!" you replied, gratefully receiving the fresh clothes and towel, and slowly found your way there. Just before you closed the door, you heard the two boys talking.

"Joji, you're not this nice!" Max told him, and he replied with

"I know, I just really want to help her. I don't know why." That made you smile for the first time in a couple of years.