.16.

Joji's POV woo

I couldn't stop thinking about them.

They were in a trash pile somewhere. Why can't I get over it?

Ever since i cleared out the hidden en suite, I haven't been able to rid my mind of thoughts.

Xanax. I haven't needed it in so long.

...and I don't now.

"Do you wanna go out in the snow?" (Y/N) asked, drawing me out of my thoughts.

"Uh, sure. Let me get dressed." I wandered out of the living room and off into my bedroom, closed off from the world.

What was wrong with me?

I still ignored the clear warning signs, and got ready for the snow.

"Put some gloves on, (Y/N). It's freezing out." I chucked some black ones in her direction before walking out of the apartment and towards the elevator.

"I can't wait to pelt you with snowballs!" (Y/N) jumped up and down before we got in. I couldn't take my gaze off of her, she was just so pure. Ethereal. It made me smile for the first time today.

(Y/N) is the splash of colour my vision needed.

"What?" she asked, upon noticing me looking.

"Oh, nothing."

"Come onnnnn, what is it?"

"You're just really cute. I mean, I meant great."

There was no response but as i looked again i saw a blush on her cheeks and her covering her mouth with her fingertips.

Cute!

Looking out of the glass doors, I saw the snow. So, so much snow.

"How aren't you freezing?" she asked me. I hadn't even realised that we were outside, nevermind the change in temperature.

"Lost in thought, I guess." she gave me a tight hug, squealing.

"You're so warm!"

That made me chuckle. I didn't feel warm, nor did I feel cold. I felt just, there. Even when a compact snowball hit my face, I just felt the blood rushing to my face to heat it up.

"Oh, you are in for it now!" I shouted as she ran, grabbing snow to compact with my bare hands.

That cold didn't bother me either. If I'm honest, I felt like complete shit. Just an empty box.

Ever since I opened the door to the fucking en suite.

boy oh boy that was an odd chapter. i'll be 16 in three days (the 30th for anyone ahead or behind Britain's GMT) so i don't have to see my father again if i don't want to. :)