1.25

I woke up to no Kenny in sight. I looked around for him but it was only me and Arion, who was thankfully still knocked out.

I missed my energetic girl. The whole situation was terrifying but it was in our best interest and hers. Her waking up can hurt people.

"Good morning, beautiful," Kenny said when he walked in. I looked over to him and he had donuts and coffee.

I walked towards him and took a donut. "Oh my god," I moaned while chewing the donut. It had to have been the best donut I had in ages.

"And here I thought only I could get that sound out of you. All it takes is a chocolate donut," he laughed. He passed me my coffee and kissed my lips.

We sat down and I looked over at Ari.

A few months ago, I didn't need anybody but myself, nor did I care for anybody but myself. I never would've known that that little girl would completely change my perspective on life.

I needed her. She was the best part of me and even though she was not gone literally, I missed her spirit.

I looked at Ken who already knew I thinking about Ari. "She'll be okay. Things are gonna cool down now," he said as he put his hand on my thigh.

I bit my bottom lip before kissing his lips. "I know. Excuse me."

I got up and made a phone call to my lawyer. Shit was going to have to change, even if I had to force it by my own hands.

"Antavius, I know you're away but this is an emergency."

After the phone call, I started walking back to the room when I heard yelling down the hall. I followed the nosiness and ended up in front of the room of another little girl.

She was about Arion's age, maybe a year older. It was an awful sight to see. Her nose was bleeding and she was acting as if she was swatting bees or something. There were no bees, though.

"Scary, right?" I jumped and grabbed ahold of my chest as I turned around. There should another girl, but she was much older. Maybe ten.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. You're Ariah's mom, right?" I slowly nodded as I tried to figure out how she knew Ari and me.

"It's okay. Me and Ariah used to be friends when we were babies. I'm Octavia, you can call me Tavia." She stuck her hand out to shake and I hesitantly shook her hand.

I'm so confused about this place. It's like a psych ward but for younger people.

"No it's not," Octavia said.

"Not what?"

"This isn't a psych ward. Sorry, I didn't mean to invade your private thoughts but sometimes my brain hears what it wants," she shrugged.

"How d- You read my mind?" I asked.

"Not on purpose, but yeah, I heard. Also, she wasn't necessarily pretending to swat bees. She can make people see things that aren't really there, but sometimes she can't control herself and she makes herself see things."

She stood there as if everything she was saying was normal. "What's her name?" I asked.

"Poet. Like the occupation."

I nodded, "So you know about Arion?" She turned to me with her eyebrows burrowed. "Sorry, you know her as Ariah, we call her Arion."

"Oh... cool, but I do. Ariah, level 4 in training, psychokinetic and telepathic. She moves things with her mind and can see beyond this dimension," she said, again so normally.

"Level 4?" I questioned.

"That's the training she was in with Papa. Mine is level 6, and the girl in there," She pointed to Poet, "Level 3."

"Papa?"

"Yup."

This was all getting more suspicious by the second. "You only know how to read minds?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "Nope. I am psychokinetic, just not that good. I have to go though. Tell Arion that I said I said hello. Later, Toni." She ran off and left me in the hallway. I looked back at Poet before going back to Arion's room.

"Where were you, T?" Kenny asked as I walked in the room. I sat on his lap and tried to decide which part of the conversation I just had with Octavia to tell him first.

"I just met a little girl named Octavia and Ken... I think there's a legitimate issue happening. She mentioned the same Papa that Ari was talking about and something about levels. And Octavia.. she reads minds, and another girl, Poet, can make people see things but she looks like a rookie."

He felt up on my forehead and began to laugh, "Toni, please don't tell I have to worry about you, too. We already have one case going on here."

I chuckled a little bit as how he was taking me for a joke. "Ken, I'm serious. I don't think the doctors here aren't saving these girls... they are experimenting on them."

We sat there quietly and I could feel the disbelief he was spewing through his off vibe.

"Mommy?"

We both looked directly towards Arion who was wide awake.

"Oh fuck."

I like where this book is going😏
❤️