1.17

Luckily we got to the hospital when we did, as soon as they got Arion hooked to the IVs, she started vomiting. My poor baby had been through hell more times than I had.

They said she has Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease and that there are symptoms of Roseola. They both cause fevers, the itch, headaches, stomachaches, imbalanced temperatures, etc.

They said she should get better in about three days, but until then, she needed to take baths in anti-itch powder and take medicine.

She was back to her bubbly self though, no complaints. They said all hell was about to break loose when the itching started. They'd already found a few spots on her and said once a few were on her, the rest would not hesitate. She'd be scratching for days and it'd hurt for the first 48 hours.

"Momma, I want a brother."

I nearly choked on my own saliva. "Excuse me?" I asked, hoping I mistook her words.

"I want a brother. He look like me. Cute. He talk like me too," she rambled. "Honey, I would love to give you a little brother." Excitement took over her body, it was adorable. "But the stork is all out of cute kids, sorry," I joked, but the whole "stork" story was a bit beyond her so it didn't have any effect.

"After baby, marry Ken Doll," she said. She calls Kenny 'Ken Doll' because to her, he was one of the Ken Dolls from her Barbie set.

"Sweetheart, I don't think I'll marry Kenny. He is my best friend and I'm his. That's as far as we go. Okay?"

"Not true! Ken Doll say he likeeee you!" she teased.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, fine. I might like him too, but, I'm too focused on my little girl. Don't you want Mommy's attention all the time?" I asked. I know I'm making excuses for myself, but I cannot risk Arion and her life for Kenny.

"I love you. Ken Doll love you. You love me. KenDoll love me. You love KenDoll. I love KenDoll," she said before going back to play with her iPad.

How did I ended up raising some wise woman rather than a little girl, who knew, but I loved how mature she was. I kissed her head and left her in the hospital room.

I went and sat by Kenny, who, yes, was still here. "How is she? I brought some doughnuts for you guys."

"Thanks and she's doing great for now. Doctors say she's gonna be itchy for while but after that it'll all be over," I said. We spent a while longer talking before the shaking came back. The same as the night Ari had the meltdown in the hotel.

Everyone was concerned and confused but I knew exactly what was going on. I ran off and went to Arion's room that was filled with nurses.

"She's seizing."

I pushed them out the way and held her up to me. "Baby, where are they? Tell me!" I shouted while shaking her to wake her.

I heard the clock handles spinning out of control and glasses breaking from the hallway. "Arion. Do not hurt these people. You hear me? Tell me where the bad men are and I'll fix it," I continued. Right as she stopped, everything else did. The nurses were shook and all that could be heard was my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I said into it. It was my P.I. Oddly, just in time. "Toni. These guys are different. You may not want to stay in the same area for too long. They have been tracking your every move. Wherever you are right now, leave," he said out of breath. "They just tried to get me but I hid. Toni. Leave right now if you want you and that little girl to live."

I hung up immediately and turned to Arion who was stabilizing. "She's fine. Sometimes her dreams are very vivid and lucid. Thanks for your concern but we actually have to leave," I frantically said as I packed our clothes. I unplugged Ari from the IVs and picked her up.

As I walked down the hallway, an alarm went off.

"Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert! All residents secure safety."

Stay tuned for updates on this book as well as a vote to see which book I will publish next😋
See ya laterrrrr!