C25: Tell Me You Were In On It.

Börja om från början

Breathing loudly he slowly calmed himself so he was able to talk. "Yo man, why does debate get out so late? Do you know how long I've been standing out here waiting for you?"

I was still confused. "Yo man," I mocked him. "Why the fuck did you just almost break my shoulders?"

Holding his hands up in surrender he stood up straight and his smile faded. "Wait you took that seriously? That's how I greet all my friends,"

"Ha!" I shout with laughter slapping my knee to exaggerate the fakeness. "Me, you?" I said pointing between the both of us. "Friends? No way,"

Furrowing his eyebrows together Logan looked as if he was genuinely shocked by my statement. Did he know what friends meant or am I the one missing something?"

Bending down to pick my book bag from the floor Logan carefully handed it to me.

"Okay fine you got me," He dropped the act. "We're definitely not friends loser, I just needed a excuse to explain why I've been waiting for you,"

Tossing my bag on my back I began walking away from him because I didn't care why he was waiting for me. I didn't care about anything Logan had to say. Last time I listened to what he had to say I fell into a runt that I'm still in.

"Hold up," He called running ahead of me so I could stop walking. "We need to talk about Eric,"

Okay he's got my attention, I briefly nodded my head urging him to continue.

"As you may have noticed he hasn't been to school since Wednesday and his father came and took him home about five hours ago and now he's not answering the phone and none of them are home,"

"What do you mean his father took him? What do you mean they aren't home?" I question my grip on my book bag tightening out of worry. "Why did you let that man take him anywhere?"

"It's his dad!" Logan justified his poor actions. "My parents can't keep him forever,"

I started walking fast pasted as Logan followed behind me.

"Where are you going?" 

"We're going to find Eric,"

//

On the way to Eric's house I found myself hitting a few potholes so that Logan could bump his gigantic head on the roof of the car. It's what he deserved after almost dislocating my shoulders without explanation.

Hopping out of the car as soon as I saw the house lights on I knocked on the door like my life had depended on it. Lord knows what Eric's dad could have done to him out of hate. 

The door flung open and I was 100% prepared for Coach to scold me to hell and back but Henry was the one to open the door. He didn't seem angered by the loud knocking at all, he stood rosey cheeked with a honey bun in his left hand.

"Hi Henry," I smiled and he smiled back and gave me a little wave. "Is Eric home?" 

Logan stood behind me with his body leaned against the tree next to the front door. He didn't seem phased at all.

"In the kitchen," Henry said before stepping aside and leading himself back to the couch where he was watching a episode of Teen Titans Go!

Stepping inside Logan followed me in and it got even more suspicious. Logan swore they weren't home but it looked as if Henry had been here for hours.

I didn't fully walk into the kitchen. I peeked my head in and my heart exploded when I saw Eric doing the simple task of putting peanut butter on bread. How could he look so good doing something so boring? It was like I hadn't seen him in ages and I was filled with so many emotions. He was shirtless, of course he had to be fucking shirtless with his hair in nicely set curls. 

"We might not be friends but he's my best friend so fix him," Logan whispered before full blown pushing me into the kitchen and hiding so Eric wouldn't see him.

Wow, he lied to me. This whole thing was a trap. He must have known Eric's dad wasn't going to be here and planned to get me to talk to Eric since I was scared shitless to do so on my own. It was weird he was the only one who picked up on it. L.J is slacking!

"Darren?" Eric's eyes grew wide as he saw me on his kitchen floor. Logan was totally going to pay for the bruises he's given me today. 

"Uh hi," I mumbled dusting myself off as I stood up.

Silence. No scratch that and make it a awkward silence.

"Can I talk to you?" Eric asked placing down the spoon he was using to scoop the peanut butter. "But first things first, Logan!" He called out as he smiled at me. "Thanks! I got it from here!"

My mouth dropped. He was in on it too? You really can't trust anyone.

"No problem!" Logan shouted back and not even two minutes after we heard the front door shut signaling he had left.

"What?" Eric shrugged. "I would have came and gotten you myself if I didn't have to watch Henry,"

Sitting down on the stool next to him I had to pry my eyes away from his chest for my own safety.

Eric took a seat as well and we were both directly in front of each other.

"My dad still looks at me like I'm a disgrace to the family," He admitted tapping his foot against my stool. "He let me come back because Henry kept crying for me, I'm only here for the end of the school year then he's shipping me off to my uncle's four hours from here,"

"He can't do that!" I shout. "That isn't fair that the hell? He can't just make you move,"

Eric frowned and placed his upon mine, giving it a tight comforting squeeze before exhaling slowly.

"It's only four hours D, I'll still be able to see you," 

"Would you even want to see me?" I asked looking at his big brown eyes that poured into mine like oceans. "I've been acting so shit lately... and I feel bad... I just can't stop thinking I'll say the wrong thing and get you mad at me,"

He chuckled lightly. "Darren you could say the right thing and I'll still get mad at you,"

I smiled and it was a happy smile. I haven't had one of those in a while. 

"I'm sorry," I said pursing my lips into a thin straight line. "I'm sorry that your dad is such a dick and I've been neglecting you,"

Eric then replaced his hand holding with a gripping hug that I think we both needed so desperately. It was as if I was melting into him, this was such a familiar place to be and I never wanted to leave. 

"I actually enjoyed the solitude, it helped me think," He confessed when he broke the hug and picked back up his spoon so he could finally finishing making that PB&J.

"Well then maybe I should just go," I tease standing up easing my way out of the stool.

Eric extended his left arm blocking me from leaving as he pulled me in close so that I was basically attached to his side.

"No you're gonna stand here and watch me make my sandwich, then you're gonna watch my each my sandwich then maybe just maybe if I think hard on it we can have some fun," He winked turning his head slightly to the side so he could kiss me on the cheek.

"Fun?" I say wiggling my eyebrows.

"Yeah," He smirked. "And by fun I mean explaining the whole Shawn is my boyfriend thing,"

I frowned as I tried shoving him away but he laughed directly in my face holding me tightly by my waist.

"You thought you were getting off that easy?" He laughed and I couldn't help but admire it. I hadn't seen him laugh or enjoy himself like this in a long while. Maybe a little bit of my misery was worth his happiness.

    //•••\\