C18: Tell Me You're Clueless.

//•••\\

"Have they told anyone?" Eric said after about ten minutes of pacing around his room in a panic.

"Of course not," I try to ease his mind. "They would never,"

"This is not okay," he mumbled running a hand through his hair before finally sticking to one place to stand in.

Getting up from my spot on his bed I walked over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. Without second thought he shrugged me off of him and I had to pretend like that didn't hurt a little bit.

"Listen, everything is going to be fine," I say comfortingly waiting for him to stop acting like Avery and L.J were gonna print out 'Eric's gay' on a bunch of flyers and start passing them out. They knew right from wrong they weren't Logan. That's the real guy he needs to be worrying about because friends or not I think he'd rat on Eric in a heartbeat.

My eyes roamed his face trying to read him, but I couldn't pick anything up. It was like something was blocking my connection. I knew he was worried but reading further into it was making me draw a blank. 

"Alright," He said standing up straight and clapping his hands together. "You can go now,"

"What?" I exclaim not knowing if he was serious or not. Didn't this matter need more than just a 20 minute conversation? For god sake he spent half the time in a panic, so I'm pretty sure he wasn't ready to be alone. He just found out two people know one of his biggest secrets he can't possibly be 100% okay.

 "You told me that they know, you assured me that they won't tell anyone so," He shrugged. "What else is there to talk about?"

"You sure you want me to leave?" I ask sticking my hands into my jacket pockets. We may be at odds right now but I couldn't leave him alone at a time like this. Well, maybe I just didn't want to face Avery and L.J, I didn't feel like explaining.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" He asked waltzing over to his room door and opening it for me and it was one of those moments where I had to act like it didn't hurt again.

Nodding firmly I wasted no time leaving and he wasted no time closing the door as soon as I stepped out. I guess I was supposed to show myself out of the house.

His father wasn't home and neither was his little brother. Emily was no where in sight and by the lack of annoyance floating around I knew Logan wasn't here. The house was quiet the only thing that I could hear was the faint music playing from Eric's room. 

Leaving his house I felt a huge weight lift from my shoulders that I didn't even know was there. I guess I was tense or something.

Suddenly my phone vibrated. Pulling it from my jeans pocket the screen lit up with Eric's number.

"Did you butt dial me?" I ask walking towards my car ready to get in and think of ways to get L.J and Avery to understand why I've been lying for them to for so long. I also had to think of a whole new lie for Shawn explaining where I've been.

"Darren," He spoke softly. "Can you....can you come back up?" 

I knew he wasn't okay! Wait, that's not anything good to be excited about... now the real question was am I okay?

"Of course," I say without hesitation. 

We talked for what seemed like a long time.

It started about the L.J and Avery situation and how he felt like they'd look at him differently now. I had to constantly tell him that they weren't assholes. That led to him talking about finally telling his dad then he spooked himself and backed out. We then went over topics such as who at the school would be a dick about it. Logan was at the top of my list obviously. Even though Eric insisted that his 'bro' would never do him like that.