C4: Tell Me Words Hurt.

//•••\\

I couldn't breathe.

My hair was a damp mess. I'm pretty sure I resembled a wet poodle. Dodge had me jumping over hurdles like this wasn't my first day at practice. Not to mention he had me do these god awful leg lunges up and down the field. I fought the urge to puke and give up at least three times per minute.

I didn't know how L.J did it.

Sitting down in front of my newly appointed track locker I sighed heavily. Feeling at my thighs I wanted to apologize to them for the pain they'll be enduring tomorrow.

"You did surprisingly good out there," Shawn came into the locker room with a towel hung over his shoulders, and only in his boxers. He had just came from the showers and so did a few other guys who had towels wrapped around their lower sections.

Did I miss the shower memo?

"Thanks," I nodded closing my eyes as I laid my head back onto my locker.

"Good practice, good practice!" I heard a particular voice that made me jolt up like a bolt of lightning.

My eyes carefully searched for the owner of said voice: Eric.

He and the half the whole football team had entered the locker room and they really over took the seven track players that were here.

"Why is the football team here?" I whispered to Shawn who had one leg in his jeans and his shirt halfway on his body. Has he ever heard of one at a time?

Filling getting his leg in before answering me Shawn looked at me as if I were on drugs.

"This is the boys locker room Darren," he cocked a eyebrow.

"This is the boys locker room Darren," I mimicked his voice in the most annoying tone I could so he could realize that wasn't the answer I was looking for.

The ends of his lips turned upward just the slightest.

"We share the locker room with them, our practice just ends like five minutes earlier," he told me as he hopped his other leg in his pants.

"Coach totally played me Eric and you know it!" Another familiar voice echoed through the room. It belonged to Logan who I didn't want to bump into.

"Then why aren't you telling coach?" Eric questioned. "Stop acting like a little bitch and tell him how you feel,"

The room suddenly erupted in a bunch of laughter and "oh's" from the football team.

"Fuck you," Logan spat.

Eric laughed and I could picture it in my head perfectly. His laugh was etched into my brain. If you ask me it was definitely a form of mind control.

"Palaski," Logan came from around the corner, but he got caught of guard once he laid eyes on me. "Oh look who it is,"

Shawn was fully clothed while I still sat in my track uniform.

"Knock it off Owens," Shawn spoke matching Logan's animosity.

Logan held his hands up in defense, but that cocky smirk of his still stood tall. I never saw Logan give up a fight so quick, it made me have so many questions. I've also never seen someone stand up to the prick besides me when I had my "enough" moments, and of course my over protective sister.

"So you're the new track guy?" Eric also emerged from the other side of the lockers. His hair was sweaty too, and his uniform had dirt patches all over the knees.

I nodded my head.

"Are you mute?" Logan asked hitting his hand on the locker expecting to get a reaction out of me, but I didn't flinch.