Chapter 25: The Thrill Is In The Chase

A/N Yay! 2K reads and this is the 25th chapter! Amazing huh? Never thought I'd make it this far.

This chapter is dedicated to @JoeyLow940. She's an amazing friend. 

Anyway, enjoy this chapter!

-Charlotte ((:

~~~~~

Jessica's POV

I picked at my finger nails and said," Tsk tsk, how insincere. You're asking me out without a gift?"

I stood up from the table and made way for my first lesson.

Yea you heard me. I didn't say yes.

I was split into 2.

One part of me is giving me a pat on my back, saying: Well done Jess. He's being insincere. For fuck's sake! He could have at least gotten you a bouquet of flowers or something.

Another part of me smacked me nice and hard on the head: You idiot! You should have just said yes you dumb ass! Ugh.

Well, all I can do is just hope that he likes me enough to not give up.

~~~~~

Erin and Anthea literally represents both my thoughts when I told them what happened during recess.

"Oh. Em. Gee. Are you stupid or are you stupid? You should have said yes!" Anthea screamed.

"No. You did the right thing. He would continue chasing you if he really likes you." Erin reasoned.

"But still-"

Anthea was cut off by the cafeteria's sudden silence. 

We saw a very distinct figure standing not far away from us.

A very distinct figure that looks like Caleb.

With red, pink and white heart shaped balloons in his hands.

He started walking towards us. 

"Jessica! So will you be my girlfriend now?"

I took the balloons and said, "Y-"

Erin gave me a nudge and I quickly said,"N-"

I felt Anthea kick my leg under the table.

Jesus! Guys, can I please make my own decisions?

I left the table (the balloons in my hand and my food tray made that a little difficult) and left Caleb standing there.

Holy shit I can't believe I just did that.

~~~~~

Caleb's POV

Tim and Chris' eye nearly popped out of their sockets when they saw the balloons I was holding.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Tim immediately started laughing.

"Dude, are you sure about this? She might reject-" I slapped my hand on his mouth.

Only to feel a slobbery tongue licking it.

I immediately pulled away and wiped it on his sweater.

"Ew gross. First, stop being so negative. She might accept me. Second, don't lick my hand."

I took a deep breath before entering the cafeteria.

The cafeteria lost it's buzz the moment I walked in.

I walked over to Jessica and said,"Jessica! So will you be my girlfriend now?"

My heart literally jumped when she said,"Y-"

And then my heart sank when she said,"N-"

Then, she shot a dirty look to both Erin and Anthea before leaving the table without saying a word.

But was I about to give up? Not even close.

~~~~~

Jessica's POV

 The exhausting day finally ended and I made my way to my locker with the balloons Caleb gave me tied to my wrist, I opened it and on my pile of books, sat a brown paper bag.

To: Jess

From: Cal

The chase isn't over ;)

I unrolled the paper bag and the fragrance of the chocolate chip cookies wafted into my nose. I took one out and started chewing. 

In a few seconds later, the paper bag was empty.

~~~~~

I parked my car and entered the house. As I walked into my room, I saw a pink helium balloon with the words 'Be Mine ♥' bobbing up and down in the middle of my room.

I went nearer and noticed a small note dangling at the end of the string.

'Surprise #3: pop the balloon, there's something inside.'

I untied the string of the balloon and let the air out.

A note fell out.

Come to my room (:

I walked to his room, anticipation and curiosity bursting in me.

I opened his door.

On his bed sat one of the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen.

It was light blue with red and beige floral patterns on it. There was a cream white and brown belt accompanying it.

A yellow sticky note was stuck on it.

I'll be picking you up at 5pm. Please wear this (: wear what you'd like for the shoes.

I looked at my watch.

15:43

I grabbed the dress and ran back to my room.

~~~~~

A/N THEY HAVE A DATE ASDFGHJKL. Ok lol bye.

(Pic of the dress Caleb got Jessica at the side >>>)

-Charlotte ((: x