~ THIRTY FIVE ~

~~

~~

I had woken up at seven in the morning, Jacob's warmth underneath me. I quickly looked at my door to check that the lock had been untouched. Wolf or not, Jacob would've been dead if my dad saw that he had fallen asleep here.

I got up and shook Jacob slightly to wake him up. He blinked a few times and squinted his eyes at the sun shining through my window. Even when he wasn't trying to, he looked immaculate. I couldn't let Jacob distract me though.

"You gotta go." I said lightly. I worried that my dad had gone to his room, which was the next room over. If I spoke too loudly he would hear.

"Okay, okay, I will." Jacob said in his normal tone.

I panicked at the thought my dad would hear him. I gestured for him to be quiet. Instead of getting quiet, Jacob chose to laugh.

"You look cute when you freak out—" My panic grew so, I put my hand over his mouth.

His smile was still noticeable. "I'll stop, I'll stop," He said in a muffled voice.

I dropped my hand and grabbed his wrist. I led him to the open window. "Unfortunately, you actually have to leave,"

"Give me just a few more seconds with you," Jacob said. He gently stroked my cheek and just looked at me.

There was a knock on my door and my dad's voice called out. "Avery? Is everything alright in there—"

"I'm changing!" I yelled out in order to keep him from opening the door.

I didn't have to give Jacob another cue to leave. He received the message pretty quickly. Without another word from me, Jacob kissed me on the forehead and went out the window. I watched as he left and immediately missed him. It was then that I realized Jacob might be the best thing that has ever happened to me. And that kept me content.

"Is it okay to come in now?" My dad asked.

"Oh, yeah, it's fine." I replied, tearing my mind away from Jacob.

My dad walked in and glanced over my room. I could the suspicion in his eyes.

"I just came in to check on you. I heard a lot of noise and thought something had happened."

"That was nothing, I was just looking for something." I quickly made up.

My dad paused and scratched the back of his neck. "There wasn't anyone else here right?"

"No, not at all."

There was an awkward pause between the two of us before I broke the silence.

"Dad, I gotta be somewhere so I should probably get ready."

He nodded and walked away as slowly as he could without looking odd. He knew I was up to something. Or maybe he had something he wanted to say. Either way, it had to wait.