"Hey." He sang as he put his hand on my cheek and it made me tingle. I faced him. "You'll learn to figure it out. I won't let you do something you'll regret." I nodded as I put my hand over his.

"What about touch?" I asked. "Is it just me or is that different too?" I closed my eyes with his hand still on my cheek.

"All your senses are heightened. Touch being one of them." He said as I smiled lightly as his hand went from my cheek to my chin. "Everything you feel, you feel more intensely." He then put one on either side of my waists. "It goes underneath your skin and into your bones." I bit my bottom lip and opened my eyes seeing a mischievous smirk on his face as he pulled my hips closer to him his hand touching the bare skin that crept underneath my t-shirt.

I put my hand on his chest and pushed him towards my bed. I meant to go slow but we were there in a flash. I let out a soft chuckle as I sat on top of Damon's chest.

"All the senses right?" I asked looking at him. "Seeing,-" I looked at him. "-Hearing,-" I listened to the sound of his heart beat which sounded a little fast. "-Smelling,-" I closed my eyes and smelt the blood from the bag in the bathroom. "-Touch,-." I combed my finger through the side of his hair. "-and Taste." I whispered finally as I bent down and kissed him gently. I could feel his smile against my lips. I lifted up and smiled back.

"How about we go on a little road trip." He asked as he pushed my hair behind my ear. "Teach you how to control yourself around humans. Learn how to be a vampire." He said with a suggestive eyebrow raise.

"Is it a good time?" I asked as he sat up and I lightly wrapped my legs around his waist and put my arms lightly on his shoulders.

"Your sister and your dad need you. You need to be able to be around them without hurting them. It's a great time." He replied as I looked down.

"What if I kill someone? What if I'm a ripper?" I asked sadly.

"If anything bad happens I'll be right there to help you." He said as he looked to me.

"Promise?" I asked looking at his eyes.

"I promise." He nodded. I hugged him tightly and rested my lips on his neck smelling him unintentionally. His scent made me feel warm.

I packed a bag and told my dad what I was up to. He told me that he hoped I got better soon. I'm sure he was conflicted. His daughter becoming the thing she hunted. I told him I didn't want to hurt him and that when I came back everything would go back to normal but we both knew that wasn't true.

"Where to?" I asked. My hair blew through the wind as I sat in my seat.

"North Carolina." He replied normally. I could still hear him perfectly through the wind.

I looked to him confused. "What's there?" I asked curiously.

"All sorts of things." He replied generically and I thought for a moment.

"We aren't just going for me are we?" I asked realizing what was going on. He wanted to look for Stefan. He looked somewhat disappointed. I put my hand on his. "It's okay. I don't mind. I want to find him too."

He looked at me and nodded. I could tell there was still something on his mind. "What's wrong?" I asked looking at him confused.

"I-" he sighed. "I just can't help but think that he'd be mad at me." He replied gripping the steering wheel. "Because he told me that he didn't want me with you and that I-"

"You haven't and you won't." I replied before he could finish. He wouldn't hurt me. "This is our decision. If anything I'm the one to be worried about."