Chapter 25

For some reason this particular night Faryal and Kasim felt like hugging each other for as long as they could, as though it was the last time. They felt something strange in their hearts, they didn't want to let go of each other but had to as it was time for Faryal to go home.
She hugged Kasim for the last time and went to say bye to everyone else. When she got home, Anam hugged her and apologised for her behaviour.

The whole night Faryal felt restless, something was definitely wrong but she couldn't figure out what, she felt that something bad was going to happen. She ended up waking up in the afternoon due to not being able to sleep at night. After she freshened up, she went to the kitchen to see Anam but she wasn't there. She looked all around the house for her but couldn't find her anywhere. Faryal tried calling her but she didn't answer, Suddenly something caught Faryal's eyes. It was a letter on the dining table, "Hi Faryal, By the time you read this you would have already figured out that I've left. I'm sorry that I didn't inform you but I need some space. Don't try to find me because I want to be alone... P.S don't worry about me".
Faryal was shocked, what did she just read. What was she gonna tell her parents? Even though Anam is older than Faryal, Anam was Faryal's responsibility! She was her guest how did she just leave without her knowing. Faryal called her dad and told him everything.

A few hours later, Faryal went to Kasim's house with her suitcase. She phoned Kasim to say that she is coming over, Kasim was excited. He couldn't decide what to wear, he kept changing his shirts. Saqib and Amir walked in and asked Kasim what he is doing.

"Faryal is coming, I need to look my best" said Kasim.

"Bro but it's Faryal, she knows what you look like. Why do you need to change that many times?" said Saqib.

"You don't understand he's excited, he wants to look his best for his girl" said Amir.

"See Saqib, Amir knows". Amir walks over to Kasim's bed and picks up a shirt, "She will like this one" said Amir.

"Thanks bro I'll take your word for it".

The door bell rings, Amir opens the door and sees Faryal's suitcase

The door bell rings, Amir opens the door and sees Faryal's suitcase. "Hey, where are you going?" Asks Amir.
"I'll tell you when Kasim comes". Amir gets worried, he's never seen Faryal this serious before. Kasim comes down and sees Faryal and then sees the suitcase. "Where are you going?".
"I'm leaving".
"What do you mean you're leaving".
"I need to go".
"Why? What happened? Is everyone ok?" Asks Kasim.
"Yeah I just... I feel homesick".
"But all of a sudden".
"Yeah I don't know... all I know is that I don't want to be here anymore".
"Where is Anam?!" Asks Saqib.
"She... she is away".
"Without meeting anyone".
"Yeah she was feeling homesick too and just went". Faryal's eyes were watering up, "Wow! You're doing it again" said Kasim.
"Doing what?".
"Making me a stranger! You done this last time" said Kasim. Faryal was about to leave but Kasim stopped her. "No, Faryal not today! I'll speak today and you will listen. One minute you make me your own the next I'm a complete stranger! Till this day you've not told me why you left me that time but somehow I let it go and moved on with you but now you're doing it again! Why can't you just tell me what's wrong? What are you so afraid of?" Asked Kasim. Faryal stood there silently.