Chapter 6: Cheater Cheater Best Friend Eater

Start from the beginning

Tears fell down my face. There was no point in attempting to try to control them anymore. I was alone and it was dark. I shivered due to the brisk breeze. It was cold for mid April in Miami. I felt my throat closing as I choked down my cries. I wiped my eyes roughly, waiting for Camila to come to my rescue.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, I see here silver car pull up in the parking lot. I make a mad dash for it and climb into the passenger side.

She looks at me sympathetically and opens her mouth to start talking but I put my hand up motioning her to stop.

"Can we talk about it later? I don't want to talk about it in the car." I stated abruptly.

Camila nodded, "Want to sleep over? It's late. We can talk about life and I can give you feel better cuddles."

I paused, thinking about it. Did I really want to spend the night with Camila when my actual problem is her lesbian girlfriend is cheating on her with my boyfriend?

"Sure." I felt the word leave my mouth.

Camila smiled, "Okay, we don't have to talk if you don't want to, but I'm here if you need me." She took my hand and continued the car ride in silence.

*Camila's P.O.V*

My hands tingled and as they made contact with Lauren's. My thumb caressed the back of her hand as we drove silently. This felt right. I shouldn't feel this good but I can't help it.

I try to push the thoughts out of my mind. Baylor. I'm dating Baylor. You love Baylor. Who cares about the beautiful, kind, sweet, sniffling, best friend of mine next to me.

I can't help but stare at Lauren out of the corner of my eye. Even when she's crying she's so beautiful. Her eyes so much brighter, her cheeks so much pinker, her lips pursed they look so kissable. Suddenly I watched her face change to horror, she grasped my hand tighter, "Camila!" She screamed.

I looked forward again and directed myself back into our lane of traffic before almost head on colliding with a truck. I must have drifted into the other lane while focused on her.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"Everything okay?" Lauren looked at me with teary eyes.

I nodded, my eyes never leaving the road. I recoiled my hand from hers and put both hands on the wheel. "Yeah," I said between gritted teeth. "I'm just distracted. We'll be home soon."

"Do you want me to drive?" She asked.

"No!" I snapped.

"Okay.." she murmured hesitantly.

I felt bad. I really did but I can't let my feelings get in the way of the fact that she's my best friend.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We pulled into my driveway at a little after midnight. Without saying a word, Lauren followed me into the house and up the stairs into my bedroom. I collapsed onto my bed, exhausted from all my emotions.

Lauren shuffled her feet by my door, I've never seen her so uncomfortable. It's probably because I snapped at her.

"Uhm, can I borrow some clothes?" She asked just above a whisper.

I couldn't get myself to say anything so I just stood and retrieved a pair of pajama pants and a shirt for her.

"Thanks." she mumbled without making eye contact.

She disappeared into my bathroom giving me time to change and climb into bed. She returned after about 15 minutes, her eyes red and puffy, I knew she had been crying. A little part of me broke inside. I hated seeing her so upset.

I've Always Been Around (Camren)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara