Epilogue |3| Story

Start from the beginning

"Francis who was the mate of the moon goddess had Jake under his control all along...since he came to this pack. He was under his control when you had seen him bore me with silver just before he sent you away...I am sure you tried to search of us but he created a field that made it impossible for you guys to find us...

He wanted revenge on the moon goddess and he used me as a bait because he knew that the moon goddess 'liked' me. But all she did was torture me, torture me for years and years. I am not supposed to be here, heck I am not supposed to be alive. This time line was never an option--" Arian began to mumble incoherent words that made no sense to the two mates.

"I was supposed to die a slow painful death by Jakes hands. Bookmen aren't immortal as you think. They are just a vessel filled with souls they killed. What all Bookman have in commen is the fact that they killed a large amount of people and as a punishment they were doomed to live until every soul in them runs out of time.

They can be killed either by the blood of another immortal, or being killed until every soul in them vanishes. She says she wanted to help me break through this gruesome end so my life wouldn't end in the worst way possible. By the hand of my own mate killing me until my last breath...she had showed it to me, how my life was supposed to end....it was more than just horrible...more than a tragedy...it was pain beyond words or screams, beyond what you could imagine with your restricted knowledge--"

"Stop...you don't have to..." Jenn interrupted her weakly. Her small hands were trembling under the desk. She felt it. Every drop of anger in her words, it made her regret her previous behaviour more and more.

Arian ignored her and kept going, she was drowning in the vivid memory of everything that had happened to her. The pain numbing her as she spoke "she killed Francis and healed Jake who I...disabled so he wouldn't interfere. I asked her for three things. Three wishes she would grant me.

The first one was to heal him which she used my life essence. The third one was...erasing the memory of me of every person I met in this pack and know I was the Beta female...except you too...I know it was cruel of me to keep you two as the only one to know about me. You must have felt like you were going insane but I had to...you two were the only back-up I have if I ever had decided to come back. The second wish was being mortal again and was the reason I left--" Arian's eyes widen as she abruptly stood up from her seat.

The door swung open revealing a sheepish looking Jake "Sorry...Savannah wanted to see you two. She said something about an unsettling aura in the pack" he scratched the back of his neck.

The old lady walked in brushing past Jake "I think you should go to my house, Jake. I left Usagi there while he was still asleep. I don't want him to panic when he wakes up with no one in the house" she said hoarsly not looking back at Jake. He nodded not leaving before he gave Arian's back one last glance.

Arian didn't dare to look behind her.

She practically raised Savannah. She was afraid to look her in the eyes and see no recognition.

No memories of the years she shared with her.

"You are the unpleasant aura I felt" Savannah muttered "you aren't human...turn around child"

Arian had a sad smile on her lips, she didn't prepare for this "way to welcome a new pack member" she chuckled curtly.

The wooden stick in Savannah's hands made contact with the back of Arian's head "What does new mean, old hag" Savannh huffed and sat down at a free chair.

Arian's mouth opened slightly in shock. So were Zaire and Jenn.

"What sh*t did you do now? You reek of blood" she slammed the stick down the floor. The wood broke into two halves from the force. The small dent on the floor another indicator of Savannah's sore mood.