Reunion

:It may include minor depression

Last time we saw each other was when I was 10 and he was 12. We only knew each other because of our parents. We spoke to each other but I think he didn't like me because I was too shy and because of that I was self conscience about me being overweight, which....is true. We then went our separate ways and I began to lose weight not just because of him but I feel it was an obstacle in my way that I had to accomplish. So I did. It's took me three years. THREE. YEARS. Do how many times I got so angry at everything because it took so long that I hated myself for it. I even got so depressed that I just stopped everything. And brown parents are very different from white parents when it comes to these types of issues.
(I hope that wasn't racist.)
Then 4 years ago I got to my goal and my whole family was happy. I mean my whole family. Cousins and relatives. The thing is was that I was the only one who was very over weight. 198 pounds to be exact. I know. It's alot. And now I just keep it at that weight or I may just lose them.
Any....way I'm still doing good and I feel great.
"Y/N, are you ready?"
"Nearly."
"Hurry up."
"Okay."
I put on my black and white striped tilden pants and a black tight-fitted turtleneck. I then put a distressed jean jacket. I went downstairs and put on my yellow vans and walked into the car.
My parents and I were going but I was so nervous to see them again. I didn't really like Tom when I was 10 but maybe he's changed. Oh what the heck! I just leaned back and closed my eyes.
"Mum why are we even going?"
"Because we haven't seen them for a long time and it's good for you as you haven't seen Tom in ages."
"Okay."
I closed my eyes and just wanted to sleep.

"Y/N! Wake up!"
My mum pushed me around on the car and I just sat up, which scared my mom.
"Shit!"
I wiped my eyes so they don't look tired. I wasn't wearing make up because I never do so there was no problem. I got gum and quickly chewed on it while we walked down the street towards the house. There was a bin coming up and I put it in there. I look at my outfit as it looked fine.
"Y/N, your hair is messy. Sort it out."
"Okay, mom."
My dad just laughed.
"What?" My mom asked.
While they were having a minor argument, I took my hair out from a ponytail. It was all curly and messy but it looked like that. My hair was a blunt bob with a fringe so it went with my whole thing. I'm not sure how to explain it. I accidentally walked into dad.
"Sorry dad."
"Okay, just....be aware."
"Oh sure of course I can." We got to the house and it was an average looking house. Not big or small.  My mom rang the doorbell. I just exhaled really loudly and my mom gave me a mean look to say," Y/N. Stop being so fucking moody, just suck it up and be nice".
I heard the door open and I put on a smile. I was so nervous I couldn't even think properly. I saw his mom and she had a big bright smile on her face.
"Oh, Y/N."
She hugged me tightly. I then gave her all of my energy back to hug her as she probably needed it.
She let go and her hands covered my red cheeks.
"You don't know how much we all missed you."
She then looked at my body and she gasped.
"And you look so good now. Look more healthy if you don't mind me saying."
"It's absolutely fine. I felt so bad and disgusting before. Thank you for everything Mrs Holland."
"Just call me Nicole."
"It's probably best to call you Mrs Holland as I seem more comfortable with it."
She just smiled.
"Well I think we should go in as your parents are starting to worry where you are."
"Okay."
I took off my shoes and walked into the lounge.
"Hello Mr Holland."
I just shook his hand and just sat down. What did Mrs Holland mean when she said,"we ALL missed you."
Last time I recall before we didn't see them, Tom left me in the park and went off to play with his friends and I was scared to walk by myself when it was night time and I didn't have a phone then so I just started to cry .
It was horrible. At that point I hated-
Someone shook me. I look and see that it was mom and then I saw him. Dressed in almost like a suit but black jeans and no jacket. His hair had a bit of gel in their.
He kept staring at me so I drilled my eyes while I went to him to say hello. The grown-ups carried on talking while I went to him.
I gave him a quick hug.
"Hello, Tom."
"Hello, Y/N/N." (Your nickname)
"You say my whole name from now on."
"I don't remember it."
I moved closer but not so that it looked clear to the parents.
I whispered in his ear.
"Y/N. But obviously my weight got in the way of you remembering my name."
I move back and smile at him.
"But now I've cleared that."
I winked at him and began to walk back to my spot and slightly swayed my hips. Good job, Y/N.

15 minutes later I saw Tom kept staring at me while he was talking to my parents. I just stared back so he would get bored but that didn't happen. I then just walked out the lounge and in the kitchen.
"Do you need any help, Mrs Holland?"
She just smiled and looked a little less stressed.
"Yes please."
"What should I start off with then?"
"Can you cut up the carrots and the courgettes?"
"Okay."
I grabbed them and a chopping board, knife and started straight away.
"So how was life in New York?"
"Well, I'm going to NYU there but it's so busy and full of life, literally and figuratively. There's loads of things to do. I've never gotten bored ever since I've lived there. We going back after the summer holidays. Well earlier than that but Mr Holland, you and Tom should come sometime."
"Aww, Y/N you're so sweet. I would have loved to have a daughter like you, but unfortunately I have four boys."
I gasped.
"Oh my Lord. I completely forgot about Harry and Sam. I'm sorry."
"It's alright, darling."
"They're, around my age now?" I asked.
"Yes. I also have another one, Paddy. He's 13 now."
"I can't believe I forgot them."
"Don't worry you had a lot on your plate. Especially with Tom."
I looked at her.
"How did you-"
"I saw it all so I punished Tom but he didn't take it seriously."
Don't you dare cry, Y/N. I just laughed.
"Oh, well. Everyone makes mistakes."
"Darling are you okay?"
"Yeah.
"Where are the other three?"
"They're at their auntie's house."
"Oh. Okay."
I had cut them all when my mom came in. She told to just sit down and talk with Tom even though I didn't want to.
I went into the lounge all three looked at me like they've never seen me before. Well at least Mr Holland and Tom. Oh great.  I know that look.
"Dad did you tell Mr Holland?"
"No. Mom."
I just sighed.