"Well you got them" I half smiled "you can go back to living your life Isla-less"

He wraps his arms around my waist and kissed me gently.

Ross Daily. The guy that I literally bumped into when I was fifteen years old. He and his girlfriend Sarah became my best friends till her death.

Ross Daily. The guy who used to sneak me scotch and other forms of Alcohol on school nights, just to help me forget about my past.

How did I end up in England making out with Ross Daily on Oxford's campus?

Well it was simply by telling the truth. We had spent the last three hours opening up about our pasts. Hell I finally found out what the hell happened with him and Sarah.

I thought that Sarah dumped Ross for Thomas. Turned out Sarah broke up with Ross - not because of Thomas but because of me.

Apparently she couldn't be in a relationship with someone who so obviously loved someone else.

He never made a move on me in high school. He told me it was because he was in denial. He was going to ask me out on Valentine's day 2017 - The night Sarah was killed and we were relocated.

I don't believe in fate, but I find it fascinating how these things work out.

"Come back to bed" he kissed my neck as I sat at my desk.

The lights were dim, I could only see my surrounding because of my laptop screen.  Goosebumps surfaced quickly as his warm hands brushed against skin. He wrapped his arms around my waist. He made me feel safe, I can't say that about a lot of people.

"Just give me five more minutes" I told him as reading through a bunch of incident reports.

"That's what you said an hour ago" he sighed as taking a step away from me.

That's what our marriage had consisted of. Me missing all the big moments.

I guess there was something about him that gave me comfort. Possibly the fact that he survived my past - which is something that I can't say for most of the men in my life.

"You embarrassed me in front of all my colleagues" I screamed as entering our apartment.

"What did I say that was so wrong!" My drunk husband cried.

"I'm not doing this with you right now" I removed my ear rings as dropping them onto my night stand.

"You're always working! I miss my wife for goodness sake!" He screamed.

"I'm sorry if I need to work Ross!" I removed my heels "so so sorry if my job inconveniences you in anyway"

"You spend all your time with those guys" he insinuated.

"Oh so you're jealous?" I glared at him.

"I'm allowed to be jealous of you sleeping around with other guys!" He screamed.

"Ross" I cried.

"So which one have been screwing with now huh?" He questioned as walking towards me "you won't sleep with me but you'll fuck everybody else at your damn office"

"Fuck you Ross!" I screamed as glaring at him.

"You don't deny it!" He threw his hands in the air. I shook my head slowly in anger "deny it damn it!" I just glared at him as he sighed "see you can't"

"How fucking dare you" I spat "You embarrass me in front of all my friends and colleagues, called me an unfaithful whore to my face-"

"What friends? Everyone around you ends up dead! You're a damn cancer! You're a manipulative self absorbed bitch" he yelled.

His words hurt. But the fact that they hurt didn't make them any less true.

Alcohol made Ross angry sometimes and when he got angry, all his repressed anger towards me showed.

He was mad that night because I had been unfaithful. I couldn't deny it because it was true. I couldn't be faithful as long as my family were still out there.

They can call me whatever they want. Manipulative, reckless, a whore, a slut, a bitch - but see I don't care anymore, and that's the honest truth. I had to sleep with whoever could get me back to my family.

I open my eyes to find my fellow passengers taking their carry-on and leaving the plane.

I release a sigh.

This is it. This is the day that I put an end to all the evil that Johnathan Banks is. This is the day that I take away the only thing that Johnathan can lose at this point - his life.