Chapter 26

"Can we go now?" I yawn.

"I told you that you should have gone home with Jacob," Hank says as grading papers at his desk.

"I don't wanna" I rest my head on the student's desk, in the classroom. "My head hurts"

"Your fault for falling off a treadmill" he retorts.

Firstly it was an exercise bike, and secondly, it wasn't my fault. This cold compress isn't working anymore.

"It was a bike" I correct. "Maybe I should get another cold compress from the nurse"

"Emma will you stop talking please" he begs.

"But I'm bored" I explain.

I'm literally stuck in a classroom with only Hank and no form of entertainment. My phone died ten minutes ago, this situation is my idea of hell.

"Your a senior" he points out "surely you have homework"

"I guess" I look down at my finger tips, that I tap against the desk.

"So maybe you should do it" he strongly suggests in an aggressive tone.

I can't be bothered right now. I'll do homework when I get home.

"Nah I'm good" I yawn once again. ".....so what is chu doing?"

"The same thing that I was doing thirty seconds ago" Hank keeps his eyes glued to the sheets of papers that sat in front of him "grading papers"

Okay this place is dead. Surely the hallways are more entertaining then Hank. While I'm walking I might go to the nurse, if she's still there.

"Oh" I lift my head up "I'm gonna go for a walk"

"Good," Hank cheers monotoned "maybe I'll get some peace and quiet"

With that, I exit the classroom and begin to walk through the empty halls. I yawn. It's so quiet. Suddenly I hear a noise, okay I def spoke too soon. I follow the voices that lead me to detention.

"We're missing practice-" a familiar voice cries.

"I don't care" Miss James glares at the guy "now sit down and shut up or you can spend tomorrow in the principal's office"

"Old hag who was probably good looking in her youth but now looks a lot like Christopher Columbus, and is nasty towards her students cause she hasn't been laid since Clinton was in office" Tommy mutters.

"What was that Orton?" She raises her voice.

"Nothing ma'am" he takes a seat back down.

With my eyes, I search detention to not only find Tommy, but Elijah, Kyle, and Thomas also. They were all spread out across the room, sitting beside students that I had never seen before. I thought Thomas took the bus home?

"Nice try," Kyle says sarcastically.

"What did I say about talking Johnson!" Miss James scolds.

"Sorry" he rolls his eyes.

"Do not roll your eyes at me Mr Johnson" she orders "you're not here to socialize, you're here to think about what you've done so I suggest that you-"

"Nice try?" Thomas yells "At least he tried you dick!

"Fitzgerald!" She screams.

"He was being a-" Thomas starts.

"Do not talk back to me Fitzgerald?" she says in a hostile tone.

"Miss-" Elijah starts.

"Yes, Levitt? Do you have something to add?" She aggressively glares at Elijah.