Chapter 30

Monday.

The day of the week that most wish didn't exist. I don't mind Mondays. I mean the week has to start somehow, right? But it was this particular Monday that terrified me. Monday, the twenty seventh of November.

Days earlier one of my goofiest, bestest friends admitted their plot to take one of my friends virginity - just so he could bang the girl that he and his friend have been fighting over for years.

How did this involve me? I'm just a girl hiding from a psychopath, how did I get caught up in this little high school drama? Well my good friend had confide in me. He let me in on his evil plot. How can one of the nicest people that I've ever met, be just a dick?

I stood at my locker, where I grabbed my books for next period.

"What the fuck did you do?" A voice aggressively questions from beside me.

My heart almost falls out of my chest as I take a step back.

I release a sigh. "you scared me"

"You know nothing about this!" Kyle shoots me a dangerous glare "stay out of it"

I open my mouth to speak, but couldn't form the words. Remember when I hit my head and you escorted me to the nurse? You seemed so nice than. What a distant memory.

"I don't....." I start slowly.

"You're right at the bottom of the list of people that my friends and I care about" Kyle slams his hand on the lockers beside me, sending a loud wave through my ear drums.

"Arrr!" I furrowed my brows as taking another step a way from him. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about laura and Tommy" he specifies. 

"Are you serious?" I roll my eyes.

All this because I told Tommy he's being a dick for wanting to mess with Laura's head?

"Dead" he firms his gaze.

"What did I do?" I soften my voice in fear.

I just told Tommy not to play Laura like she was one of his bimbos.

"You made Tommy feel like shit" he spits "he's been in love with Laura since she transferred here...and you made him feel ashamed"

"I'm sorry...I didn't-" I let a tear escape.

I press my back against the locker in fear as he takes a step towards me.

"You didn't think!" he spits again.

"Kyle!" Willow calls from down the hallway, as walking towards us.

"I'm sorry" I mutter as looking down to avoid eye contact.

"what was that?" Kyle yells.

"I'm sorry" I repeat myself as more tears escape.

When did I become this person? At what point in my life did I become so fragile? So terrified of someone like Kyle? I'm a completely different person to who I was two years ago - before any of this happened.

"Get away from her Kyle!" Willow orders.

Suddenly a figure pushes Kyle away from me, pinning him to the locker. I don't even turn my head to see what was happening. I just stood there shaking, looking down at my feet as tears run down my cheeks.

It was Christmas Eve two years ago when Liam was murdered. Two years since I became afraid of people. I never used to be before that day. A pair of arms pulls me into a hug as taking a few steps away from Kyle, Willow, and whoever the third person was.