Chapter 49

"One more" Hank smiles as snapping the ten thousandth picture of Thomas, Willow, and I.

"Ugh" I roll my eyes as faking a smile.

We've never taken photos since we entered the program. It looks like Hanks getting his hopes up, which is very unusual. He doesn't know about Kyle's dad, because if I were to tell him, not only would he not think anything of it but Thomas would argue against me.

"I want one with just Willow and Jacob" he requests.

Slightly offended, I take a step away from Hank and the couple who stand in front of the staircase. Suddenly I hear a honking horn from outside my home.

"Tommy's here" I assume. They ignore me. "I'll meet you guys in the car" with that I take my lavender coloured clutch before leaving my house.

It's a little chilly tonight. I probably should have brought a coat. So, quickly I jump into Tommy's car, where it is much warmer.

"You look as beautiful as always" Tommy smiles as sitting in the driver's seat.

Tommy looks good in a suit. I don't doubt that the others are looking good as well.

"Well thank you Tommy" I look down at my fingertips "you don't clean up so bad yourself" there's a moment of awkward silence ".....so looking forward to tonight?"

He nods "Obviously, prom is my favourite day of the year"

I raise a brow "really? I thought desperation day was?"

"Well they both are equally important" Tommy admits.

I nod before glaring out the window. Tommy has become so ashamed of his alcoholism that he just wants to pretend that it doesn't exist when he's with his friends. He should be able to talk to us about it. Gosh I hope he gets the happy ending that he deserves.

***

"This is boring," I tell her as standing near the spiked punch.

"Tell me about it," Willow says.

I hate prom. Like what do you even do there? Dance? Eat? Well I don't want to do either.

"How much longer do we need to stay?" I glance to my side.

"We dont" Willow says as we walk through the crowd to immediately face Thomas who greets Willow with a kiss.

I roll my eyes and look in the distance to see Tommy chatting up some blonde. I smirk slightly.

"We can leave early" I hear Thomas say.

"What?" I redirect my gaze at him.

"Ely and Laura are already there" Willow informs. "And Kyle is about to leave"

I take a second to take in my surroundings.

This is the only senior prom that I will ever attend. There are people dancing and others eating. Boys getting high in the bathroom, other getting laid. I spent most of prom playing candy crush in a fancy dress.

I wish I could enjoy little things like prom. I guess I forgot how.

"Okay" I nod as we make our way to the exit.

Thomas presses his cell against his ear.

"Yeah," Thomas says "You are? Alright...Okay...Okay...see you then" he stuffs his cell in his pocket. "Kyle's at his car"

"Good" I fold my arms as looking down at my heels.

"What's your problem" Willow asks me as as holding Thomas's hand.