Chapter 28

"Did you guys turn on each other or did you get into a fight with another group?" I question casually.

I'm in a no bullshit mood. If I don't find out what's going on right now I'll crack. Like how bad is it really? Why are they so dead set on hiding what happened from me?

"I'm not saying a word" Tommy keeps his eyes on the road.

Sure sure. Out of all my friends he's definitely the most likely to spill his guts.

"Please, why can't chu just tell me?" I roll my eyes as folding my arms like a child.

"Well I could...." he smirks as glancing at me from the corner of his eye "but I won't"

Ugh.

"Why? Why can't you tell me?" I cry but he just ignores me "is it a secret, is that it? Did chu all solemnly swear to secrecy or something?"

"You're so paranoid, you know that?" He smirks.

I am not paranoid. I'm curious and annoyed. Why can't they tell me? I hate being left out if the loop. Suddenly I notice that he pulls up at a hospital.

"What are we doing here?" I question as he parks his car in the hospital parking lot.

"Well, you said that I should go about my daily routine" Tommy informs as getting out of his car. "This is one of them"

I then remember; Tommy's brother has cancer. He must be here visiting him. 

I nod "Oh" I soften my voice as remaining seated in the passenger seat of his car. "right"

He stands by the open door on the drivers side of his car. Leaning down to make eye contact with me, he smiles. "You're more than welcomed to join me"

I can't say no. How can I? So instead, I nod hesitantly.

"Okay" I half smile as jumping out of the car.

This was a huge mistake.

"My brother loves company" Tommy informs as we walk side by side towards the entry "Believe it or not, I'm the dull one in the family"

Yeah, I doubt that.

"I'll believe that when I see it" I laugh as we enter the hospital.

"I hope we can get him outta here soon" Tommy exclaims as we enter the elevator "I mean he loves the nurses, they're always flirting with him"

I blink "How old is your brother?"

"Matt is Eight" Tommy grins as the elevator doors shut.

Only eight and already 'flirting'? Sure whatever you say Tommy.

"Wow" my eyes widen.

"Yeah he's sexually advanced" he smiles.

I hold back a chuckle as the elevator doors open. We walk through the hallway, before stopping in front of the door.

I don't want to impose on this private moment. I'll wait outside the door while he spends time with his brother.

"Should I wait out here or-" I start as Tommy stands under the door frame.

"Come on" he cuts me off "say hi" he makes hand gestures that suggest entering the room.

I nod hesitantly "Alright" I say under my breath.

Slowly I take a few steps into the room. Immediately I see a little bruised, pale boy, sitting on the hospital bed.

My heart rate increases. Oh god what am I doing here?