Chapter 51 (Forgiveness)

Start from the beginning

"AssalamuAlaikum... Ah Malik you're here already. How was work today?"

Malik's mother came in the room with  a jug of water and a glass cup in her hands for her husband  making their heads turn in unison to her direction.

"Yes Mama. Everything is good Alhamdulillah ".
Malik responded taking the jug from her and settling it on the small table in front of his father. He told her about his new appointment and his transfer to Canada".

"Canada is so far away Malik. You'll leave your life behind and you haven't even reunited with Zainab yet".
His mother whined.

Malik's heart jolted at his mother's utterance but he kept on a small smile and assured her that he will always be home for Eid and Ramadan too. As for Zain,he is not sure if mending things will be a solution for her,she has already moved on and has made it clear to him about not wanting anything that has to do with him again. But one thing he is sure of is he needed to seek for her forgiveness before he leaves,that will give him some peace inside of him.

"Are you going to talk to her before you leave?". His mother asked studying him.

"Yes Mama i will. Atleast ask for her forgiveness for all i have put her through".

"It's not just her forgiveness you need Malik,you need to forgive yourself too. You need that more because with every passing day i can see how you're been haunted by the memories of what happened with you. I just pray that this will give you a new starting point of your life. I hate seeing you in this misery but if not being arounf here will make you happy and a better man,i will be happy too".
His mother said fighting the tears that were threatening to fall as his father patted her on the shoulders lightly to console her.
His heart clenched at the sight of his mother as what she said began to sink into him. The truth is it's only when he gets Zain to forgive him that he can be able to forgive himself too. The memories of his life are doing nothing but damaging him everyday and he needed to get away from the pain for it's too much to bear and his only choice is to run from it and never look back.
******************
Zain's heart kept beating frantically at the sight before her that for a minute she thought it was going to explode in her chest. When the security man came to her office informing her about a visitor requesting to see her she didn't think it will be him. She never saw him after their last encounter which was no good at all. It kills her to know that she had always loved this man and never stopped despite all that happened between them. But her anger towards him was too much and it's taking her longer than necessary to ease off. She walked in light steps to where he was seated,when he raised his gaze and eyes on her,she didn't miss the skip in her heart. Yes as annoying as that sounds to her,he still has that effect on her.
Who am i kidding... i still love him she inwardly said to herself. Putting on her best poker face,she stopped at where he was seated and folded her hands to her chest. It was at that moment of taking a closer look at him that she noticed the change in him. He was a little slimmer than before and his face had a full grown beard. Not that she was ogling him,but he still looked good to her.

"So you're the visitor requesting to see me".
She said in a flat tone.

"Zain"...
He called her name and it made so many memories crashing down to her but she quickly shut them down. Deciding to be civil with him,she helped herself and sat in the chair opposite of him. She wonders if he's already married to the love he found and has forgotten about her. The mere thought of another woman as his wife made her burn in hot jealousy. Inwardly scolding herself she put on a small smile nodding curtly.

"How have you been and your new family? ".
She threw the question at him looking anywhere but his direction.

"I've been good. How about you? "
He answered ignoring the othe part of the question.