이십오 if i ruled the world

Start from the beginning

It couldn't be farther from the truth. Even though the long distance between us was hard, Jungkook made me the happiest girl in the world. Yet here I was indirectly telling him he wasn't enough.

Yeah, once again I proved to be the #1 drama queen and spoiled-ass brat who needed to stop taking my incredible boyfriend for granted.

Putting my phone away, I looked out the window of the taxicab with a big smile. Little did my boyfriend know, I had a little something up my sleeve for him.

Los Angeles was a beautiful and sun-kissed city that had palm trees everywhere. It just looked so chic, almost as if everyone here was famous and living the best life. Designer clothes, contemporary mansions, expensive cars, big dreams.

"We're in fuckin' LA, baby!" Anna-Mae chirped happily, filming her Instagram story. "Where there's like Hollywood... In-N-Out... and the Kardashians, bitches!"

I snorted and shook my head in amusement. Of course, when I told her about my plans, she invited herself so she could see her nonofficial boo.

Tonight was going to be amazing for both of us.

Anna-Mae and I arrived at the AMAs a few hours later. I walked in killer stilettos and a long-sleeved dress with a light turtleneck. Its white color highlighted my dark skin that glowed beautifully. I had bold makeup on to make my eyes look smokier and my lips luscious while my straight hair flowed down to the middle of my back.

My girl wore classic FILA sneakers with a snake-printed, midi dress. It hugged over her slender figure and showed off her golden complexion. Her long braids were pulled back in a high ponytail, and her face stunning with little makeup on.

The energy of this place was so insane, like on some higher levels that I had never experienced before. The show hadn't even started yet. Fans stood behind huge metal barriers, all the cameras were in place, and the red carpet rolled out for the celebrities.

"Oh my god, we're at the fucking AMAs right now!" I gasped in disbelief, letting those words fully sink in.

"I knooow~~" Anna-Mae cried out, happily waving her hands in the air. "If we fuckin' meet that bad gal, Kehlani, you better hold me before I collapse!"

"Girl, nah, I'll be going down with you," I deadpanned before we burst out laughing.

"Hey, beautiful ladies~" A sweet voice said behind us.

Calming down, I turned around to see a gorgeous girl clad in a long shiny dress. She was really pretty, and a natural beauty too. Flawless blond hair, baby blue eyes, and powder-white skin.

Cecelia ⏤ CeCe ⏤ Davis, at the tender age of 21 years old, was an uprising host with her own show called 'CeCe Davis: FYE' (For the Youth's Entertainment). Her daddy was a filthy rich and extremely influential CEO in the entertainment industry, so she got to interview a lot of famous stars.

Bethanee and I met her in LA two summers ago when she was casually eating at Beauty & Essex with Selena Gomez. Because that was what friends did. Grabbed dinner together sometimes. And Selena Gomez was her friend.

I would've kissed the floor in front of the Latina singer, tripping over my own two feet for a selfie, if CeCe hadn't caught me. Then my sister and I bumped into her again at Starbucks the next day where she randomly asked if we could help her interview The Weeknd because her friend ditched her.

'When life gives you lemons, grab a bottle of vodka and drink up~' she said but already had us at 'Weeknd'.

Back then, CeCe was a rich and wild party girl. When her daddy took away her credit cards to teach her a lesson about life, so she wanted to prove to him that her show could still become popular without his help.