Chapter 37: Graduation

Start from the beginning

"I missed you Alfie" I lay my body back into his and place my hands on his arms.

"I've missed you too Books."  He plants a small kiss on the back of my neck. He turns me around to face him and I wrap my arms around him tight. This man's hugs are the absolute best. His arms are exactly where I'm supposed to be. "I shouldn't be hugging you out here. Dan is right over there." He gives a nod towards the direction of my dad.

"He watched you kiss me. I think hugs are the least of his worries when it comes to our relationship."  He still feels tense so I back away from the hug with a roll of my eyes.  "Your sister looks terrible." I glance up to him.  "Where did she go anyways?"

"I'm assuming she went straight home, I don't know.  She still isn't talking to me." 

He seems agitated so I decide to drop the subject.  I take another step back, eyeing him.  He's wearing black dress pants and a gray dress shirt, the collar unbuttoned and his sleeves rolled up so that his tattoos are still on display.  He looks fucking gorgeous. 

"Quit biting that lip Books..." his voice says in a raspy tone.  I look up to him and smile.  He shakes his head laughing, knowing I'm extremely turned on by him at the moment.

"You look good dressed up Alfie."

His arms snake their way into my gown, around my middle as he puts his head close to my ear.  "I remember that skirt Gabby.  The things I want to do to you right now should be illegal."

"Well you do have a thing for breaking the law..." He chuckles and plants a quick kiss on my lips before pulling away again. "So my family has a graduation party to go to tonight.  One that I'm not invited to..."

His eyebrow raises.  "How is it that your family is invited but you aren't?"

My eyes roll.  "Tyler."  I mutter.

"They are going to that?  Seriously?  After what he did?"

"Our parents are still friends and I think they feel bad that his mom is really sick.  Anyways, I have the house to myself..."

His smile grows.  "Are you insinuating that I come over and take advantage of that skirt tonight Books?"

I can't help but to smile, basically telling him yes without words.  Yes, definitely, take advantage of me.

"I don't know Gabby..." He runs his hand over the top of his head.

"I'll wear nothing but the red chucks..."

His eyes fly to mine, filled with fire.

"What time do they leave?"

<><><>

Sydney promises to text me the moment mom and dad leave Tyler's party.  I pace back and forth waiting for Jax to get over here. My hands sweaty, my rubber bands snapping across my flesh. Why the hell am I nervous?

You're breaking the rules Gabby. Again.

I wasn't even going to bring up Tyler's party to him today. But damn, Jax dressed up? That did something to me. He looked almost edible. Just knowing all the tattoos were under that dress shirt was driving me insane. How often will I get to see him dressed like that? Likely never? He suddenly looked like the teacher he was meant to be. He was adult Jax... and adult Jax was hot.