I'll get you back

¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

Laura's pov:

I watched him leave closing the door behind him and let out a shaky breath I'd been holding.

I touch my cheek with my fingertips. The place he kissed felt like it burned.. and I liked it.

I don't know how I'll be able to be mad at him when he has that much of a scary effect on me.

Even though one part of me felt pissed and sad about what happened, the other part of me was celebrating, happy that he had at least shown interest on being in this baby's life.

I left my bed and walked towards the flowers with my shaky legs. I didn't have much strength as I was still drained from what happened.

The room felt cold and my short sleeved hospital dress wasn't helping on keeping me warm at all.

I ignored the shivers running down my back and picked one of the bloody colored roses from the bouquet. They looked gorgeous, and they smelled so good.

I bit my lip and searched for the card with my eyes. When I find it I pick it up and open it to find not much was written on it.

We're better together
                                                        -Ross

Even with that one little sentence, I felt my eyes sting.

It wasn't much, just a cheesy note referencing the show we met on, but it had a deeper meaning than that for us, and he knew it.

Only I wasn't sure that the words scribbled out on this paper were even true anymore. Every time we were together we'd figure out how to cause some kind of drama.. and I hated it.

I wipe my tear and smell the rose again, with another shaky breath. It smelled so good. It sweetened the situation a little.

"Laura get in bed! The doctor said you had to rest, plus this is not a particularly warm room!" mom scolded me like I was five when she opened the door.

With a sigh and the rose in my hand I got in the stupid hospital bed again. I didn't know when they'd let me go, but I knew I couldn't wait.

"You checked out the flowers" Vannesa gave me a grin.

I didn't give any response to that as I didn't have anything to say. I just stared at the rose in my hand carelessly.

"What does the card say?" mom asks and I hold my breath as they read it.

"That's cute" mom chirps with a smile.

I snort.

Sure...

Cute.

*****

Later that day I was finally home and since I smelled like hospital and medicine I took a very well deserved shower.

Mom had insisted on staying with me the night today too but I didn't let her since I was fine and there was no need, so we compromised.

She was staying over until it was dark out and then dad would pick her up.

What's the point of having your own house if you can't walk around in underwear anyway?

After I put on a pair of clean pjs I went into the kitchen.

I still had a head ache from the incident since I'd hit my head. Not too hard since I was already on the ground when I decided to go unconscious but enough that'd 'I'd last a few days' in doctor's words.