Chapter 21: PARTY HARD!!!!

Start from the beginning

But there's a chance he's lying.
'Shut up, mind! Besides, I know he's a murderer, but I realized he never lies.'
How do you know? Don't you remember what he said to the pervert? You don't know him at all!
'Argh, just shut up! You don't know anything!'
Of course not. I'm just a voice in your head.
'A voice in my head?'
Yup.
'I'm going crazy...'

You sighed in annoyence, and looked at Hajime, who was now in front of you, still staring at you.
"Are you really...?"
"Yes, Hinata, I'm still [F/N] [L/N]." you sighed.
"Woah... How did... Why don't you look like that more often?"
"Because THIS would happen." you pointed at a drooling Kazuichi in the corner. (I almost wrote drowning... Lol... RIP Kazuichi...)
"Ah... I see..." the ahoge muttered, narrowing his eyes at the pinkette. The shark-like boy noticed this, and did the same.
"Sooo... You came." Nagito smiled awkwardly, obviously trying to hide something.
"Yeah. You didn't want me to?"
"No- I mean, of course it's not a problem, but uhh, you know... Anything could happen, and... Uhm..."
"You're hiding something from me."
"Whaaaat? No, not at all..." he chuckled.
You sighed once again, and walked to that certain table, just to be safe.
After a few minutes, Byakuya stepped in.
"Thank you for waiting. Teruteru's in the kitchen, and... It appears Fuyuhiko didn't come." he sighed after scanning the room.
"He just didn't want to. He was tired. It's even better without him." you crossed your arms.
Are you sure~? the voice purred in your head, but you ignored it.
Don't ignore me! Admit it. You like him, and he's not the only one.
'Shut up already!'
You quickly shook your head, getting rid of the voice, and that's when you noticed that...

Byakuya...

Was...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Eating all the food!!!!!

"Nooo! You're hoggin' all the food! No fair!" Akane cried after her precious food.
"Gross." you breathed.
"No I'm not...!" he said with a stuffed face.
"I don't care what you say, you're totally pigging out!" Mahiru yelled at him, sweatdropping at the mess he made around himself.
"I'm telling you, I'm not...!" he repeated, and you realized what was his problem.
"You know, you can just..." you muttered, and pulled out the iron skewer of the meat. "Pull it out, you don't have to eat all of the food from everyone." you finished, sending a cold glare to the heir.
"Tch..." he sent the glare back, quickly wiped off the gravy from his face with his hands, and stepped back from the table.
"Heeeey! Looks like everyone's here! I should go ahead and bring out the rest of the... Huh?"
Teruteru returned from the kitchen, and now stared at the mess Byakuya made with wide eyes.
"Whaaaa-!? Some messy eater ruined my arrangement!"
"Who made this dish?" (Am I the only one who's thinking of the word 'trash' when 'dish' is mentioned?
Like, 'Who made this trash?'

Maybe Teruteru has something to do with it...

...

Or Nagito...)

"Th-That would be me... But, uhm... Are you a food critic...?" the cook muttered. (Did you notice that after Reader-chan thought that 'I'm gonna call him the Ultimate Cook, just to annoy him' I've been writing 'the cook' instead of 'the chef'? Nah, I'm writing too many trashy A/Ns in here. I'll just let you read this shit)
"What are you plotting? Cooking with such dangerous items..."
'Okay, I know I came here to stop the killing... But... God, this guy's paranoid.'
Teruteru started to explain what the meat is and why he did it, but Byakuya cut him off.
"The iron skewers are the problem."
"Eh!? Iron skewers aren't allowed either!?" the pervert gasped.
"If that's how you're acting, then there might be more skewers than just these..." he muttered, then grabbed Hajime's wrist. "Come with me. I need your help."
"Wh-Why me!?" the victim cried, but Byakuya already dragged him out of the dining hall.
"Well, it's his fault for standing right beside him." Kazuichi grinned, apparently enjoying that he disappeared after their glare fight. You just shrugged.
"So... Say, what's up?"
"Cobwebs." you answered, staring at the ceiling, which was full of spider webs.
"I mean how are you?"
You shrugged. "Alive."
"Well, that's a good thing in here..." he chuckled awkwardly.
"If you say so..."
"So... Uhm..." he muttered, trying to avoid the awkward silence. "You're starting to get along with those two, eh?" Kazuichi pointed at the two girls - Ibuki was whining that the 'cool Byakuya-chan' left, and Mahiru was checking something on her camera.
"... Well... Sorta?" you said, but it rather came out as a question.
"That's a good thing. Ya know, I sorta worried about you when you said those things last night... And this morning too... Oh yeah, you seemed stressed. What was wro-"
"None of your business!" you quickly cut him off, and he stared at you with sad eyes. You sighed. "Sorry... I just... Can't tell you."
"You can't...?"
"Not yet..."
"Oh... Well, okay... But if you need someone to talk to, call the mechanic and he'll fix your heart!" he winked, and you smiled a little. You felt sharp glares piercing at you two, but just shrugged it off and continued talking with the pinkette until Byakuya, Hajime and Teruteru returned.
"Ah, they're finally back!" Mahiru cheered as the three guys stepped in.
"Hey, let's eat already! I'm starvin'!" the gymnast whined.
"... There's still an issue we need to address first." the blonde said as he pushed up his glasses on his nose.
"Eh? An issue?" Akane muttered, hardly accepting the fact that she still can't stuff her mouth. "Who do I gotta beat the crap outta? Just say the word, I'll do it for ya!"
'This girl... Is more agressive than me, and that's quite impressive.'
"That won't be necessary..." he answered. "The issue is where to safeguard this duralumin case that has all the confiscated dangerous items." He pointed at a duralumin case that appeared from god knows where.
'Clever.'
"Can't we just leave it here?" Kazuichi shrugged.
"I've already put a lock on the case, so it shouldn't be a problem, but... We should definitely up the security and keep it some place safe."
"Some place safe..." Sonia repeated silently, then snapped her fingers. "Oh! There is a storage room at the back of this old building!"
"A storage room, huh?" the progeny murmured. "... Even so, we can't leave the case alone in there."
"Then someone should guard it. That would keep it safe, yes?" Peko suggested.
"Eh? Who? Who?" Hiyoko tilted her head slightly.
"... I'll do it, of course." she answered, piercing her ruby red eyes into the dancer's golden ones.
"Eh... Are you sure...? I guess... If you insist... J-Just kidding...!" Mikan jabbered, biting her lips in shame.
"But it'll be lonely there by yourself." Ibuki pouted.
"I don't mind... I'm really not that good in situations where I have to be around lots of people anyway."
"Nahaha, if I wrote a song about this, the title would definitely be 'Lonely Girl in the Storage Room'!" the musician cheered.
'I think you shouldn't write that... According to your personality, it'd come out in a slightly... Wrong way...'
"However, Teruteru has gone to the trouble of cooking... Is it all right for me to bring some of it with me?" the ninja (deal with it :P) asked.
"Yeah, that's totally fine!" the cook smiled that weird smile again.
"But... If you're going to do guard duty anyway, it might be better if you avoid the storage room." Nagito suggested as he rested his chin on his palm and made an innocent face.
'He looks so innocent... The devil himself...'
You like him tooooo~
'Shut up.'
"Eh? Why is that?"
'At least one thing's still normal: Hinata's still an idiot.'
But you still like him.
'Do you think I'm a slut or what!?'
"Well, not only is the storage room packed with lots of stuff, it's hard to see in there and full of cobwebs... Also, I was so busy cleaning the dining hall that I didn't even have time to clean the storage room." he smiled.
'Darn it, he's a sharp one... But it's quite... Interesting that he is so confident in front of the others, but he barely could stutter out a word in front of me...'
"In that case... Why don't you guard it in the office?" Byakuya suggested. "If I recall correctly, there's also a circuit breaker in there, too. It'd be a good idea to guard that as well."
"Yeah, the office sounds nice. I'm pretty sure it's not that dirty either." the marshmallow happily agreed.
"... Understood. So I need to be on guard duty at the office." Peko noted to herself. "Then, I should get going. Have fun tonight, everyone."
With that, she grabbed some of the food and the duralumin case, and walked off.
"Mmm, seeing Peko's back as she walks away makes me feel like she's got this super cool, melancholy vibe..." Ibuki grinned after the ninja left.
"But shouldn't she have taken the other case with her, too?" Hiyoko pointed at the other duralumin case that appeared from god knows where.
"This..." Byakuya stared at the case. "No, this case is fine."
"Ah, no fair! You're, like, the only one who got to bring their own stuff!" the dancer pouted.
"When you're as special as me... You get special privileges." the progeny smirked.
"When you put it that way... It's hard to argue with you." Kazuichi sighed.
"This duralumin case stays with me at all times. I've put the key to the other case in here as well." he explained. "I will take full responsibility for watching over it. There's no way I can let anyone else handle this matter."
"M-More importantly... We're all done now, right? Let's start the party..." Akane drooled at the lots of food.
"No, there's still more."
"Ugh, who do ya want me to beat the crap outta!? Hurry up and tell me already!" she huffed, crossing her arms.
"Seriously, it has nothing to do with that..." Hajime muttered, but Byakuya cut him off.
"Actually... If you're volunteering, I do have one particular nuisance in mind."
"Huh? Are you talking about...?"
"Monokuma, of course. He's the one thing that could obviously disrupt this party."
"Awwww riiiight! So you'll let me eat if I beat the crap outta Monokuma, right!?" Akane clentched her fists, grinning widely.
"Wait a sec... If you actually pick a fight with that thing, you're just going to end up perforated..." Nekomaru muttered, which showed he was serious, because he never mutters.
"Are you telling me to wait 'til I starve to death!?"
"St-Starve to death? That's a little extreme...!" Mahiru sweatdropped.
"Our opponent is not someone we can just fight. Rather, it's better if we use our heads and think of a plan..." Byakuya crossed his arms.
"... I'll do something about it."
You turned your head to the voice, sweatdropping at the fact that it was Chiaki.
'Nanami? Seriously...?'
"Do something...?" Byakuya raised his eyebrows.
"You...?" you continued.
"Hey now... What can a girl like you do? You're just gonna put yourself in danger." the mechanic sweatdropped.
"I won't. It's not like I'll personally do something." Chiaki said.
"You won't?"
"... Do you intend to utilize Monomi?" Gundham smirked, crossing his arms.
"Yeah, if I can talk her into helping us... She might be able to keep Monokuma at bay... At least, that's what I think." she hummed.
"Ah, that's probably a good idea! She looks like the type that's easily manipulated!" Mahiru smiled.
"Plus, Monomi and Monokuma totally have a rivalry going on!" Ibuki added.
"Well, it's a pretty one-sided rivalry." Hiyoko giggled.
"But will you really be okay, Chiaki? I still think it's dangerous..." Nagito asked.
"I'll be fine. If things get dangerous, I'll just run away as fast as I can." the gamer smiled. "... Well then, I'll be going now."
And with that, Chiaki left.
"S-So it's all settled, right? Then can we..."
"... You're right. Let's begin." Byakuya smirked.
"AAAALLL RIIIIGHHHT!" Akane yelled and threw herself at the food.
"Kehehe... So the 'banquet' has finally commenced..." Gundham chuckled darkly. "Fuhaha! You better keep me entertained!"
"And you better shut your mouth for the rest of the night." you hissed at him. He pulled his scarf up to his nose, and mumbled something. You only understood these:" ....Queen....beauty......mate."