"The total will be $248.35, are you sure you have enough money for all of that, little girl?" The cashier asked smugly, grinning at her with yellow crooked teeth that made Scarlett internally cringe.

"Well, why don't you see for yourself." Scarlett spit, her eyes turning into slits as she handed the person the credit card, praying that there was enough money on it to prove them wrong that Scarlett—well technically David, wasn't poor.

The cashier took the card before swiping it and punching a few things onto the small old computer illuminating in front of them. A small feeling of nervousness filled in Scarlett's body, not knowing how much was on her stepfathers card.

"It accepted the payment, I'm surprised." The cashier mumbled before gathering all of the girls bags and handing them off to her, Scarlett stood tall while staring at them with a wide smirk.

"Thank you." She said sweetly before taking her newly bought items and pushed her way out of the store.

The warmth of the California sun beat down on the redheaded girl who walked on the side walk of the semi-busy town, as most people were probably at the pools or the sandy beaches, enjoying the heat and cold water. Scarlett huffed as sweat began to drip down her face, the heavy bags in her arms were making it worse for her in this type heat. She had to pause her brisk pace, turning into a dark alleyway and leaning up against a stone wall as she caught her breath and used the shade as protection from the beaming rays of the sun.

That's when she noticed she wasn't alone anymore, "Well, well, well, look who we have here," A familiar voice spoke darkly, which caused Scarlett's breath to hitch and turn her head to the side to see Jessica  Lattson and Allison Wilson standing further down into the gloomy alleyway despite the sky being clear of clouds that day, they both stood a distance away with their arms crossed and eyes glaring at the lonesome redheaded girl.

"What do you want?" Scarlett groaned, the weight of the items that hung from her arms were starting to tire her out to the max.

"We have some... unfinished business." Jessica added with a dramatic pause which caused Scarlett to roll her eyes. Allison glanced back and forth from Scarlett to Jessica, doubt weighing heavily on her chest but she kept a stoic face, it's what Jessica ordered her to do.

Scarlett huffed, putting the bags onto a nearby cardboard box that stood against the bricked wall, assuming that the brunette wanted a cat fight, "Fine, but let's make it quick. I need to get going."

"Oh, we'll make it quick alright." Jessica smirked, snapping her fingers and a group of teenage girls—who Scarlett has never seen before—hopped out from behind the bricked walls and from dumpsters, standing tall behind Allison and Jessica.

"Wait—that's kinda unfair, don't you think?" The redhead chuckled wearily, slowly backing away from the smirking brunette and a frowning blonde.

Jessica shrugged causally, her eyes glittering with excitement at the thought of her plan finally being put into work, she's waited for this moment, "Get her, girls!" She compelled and all of the girls obliged to their master without much thought.

The group of strangers surveyed her, circling around her like a herd of hungry tigers hunting down their helpless prey, she watched them all closely as her heart began to throb in her chest with fear. Fear that she wasn't to make it out of this predicament alive, it was seven versus one, but she wasn't going to go down so easily without putting up a fight.