✧four.༄

the weird hat boy

𐬿 𐮚 ミ☆ ★彡 𐮚 𐬿

𐬿 𐮚 ミ☆ ★彡 𐮚 𐬿

THE FOLLOWING MORNING WAS HECTIC TO SAY THE LEAST. Helen ran around in the kitchen preparing a massive breakfast for everyone, the boys were lounging in the living room still in their pajamas from the night before, eyes all glued to the static displaying across the television screen. David occupied the bathroom getting ready to leave for work while Tyler stayed in his room packing for a camping trip with his high school friends and Scarlett sat in the dining room away from her mother, reading the new weekly magazine.

"Has anyone seen the bug spray?!" Tyler's voice echoed throughout the Brasstin/Porter house.

Scarlett didn't look up from the glossy pages that laid in her hands, "It's in the closet next to the bathroom!"

"Thank you!" He yelled back.

Suddenly, the group of friends barged into the kitchen arguing, disagreeing with something that Benny had said to them, "Whoa, whoa, whoa! What's going on here?!" Helen turned away from the pancakes and bacon that she was currently making and towards the ruckus that spewed into her kitchen.

"Benny wants to start making practices at 7:30 in the morning!" Squints whined.

"It's too early, man!" Kenny complained.

"Yeah yeah, I don't even get up until 8:30 at the lastest!" Yeah-yeah chimed.

Being that the dining room and the kitchen were connected, Scarlett heard the commotion going on and turned her attention away from her magazine to the clump of boys, "Why don't you just continue having practices at 9?"

"I think that we need some more practice!" Benny defended and all of the boys groaned.

"Well, why don't you continue having the practices start at 9 in the morning and end later in the afternoon? That way you guys won't complain about how early it is and that makes your practices longer," Scarlett shrugged, turning her gaze back towards the paper in her hands. Benny nodded agreeing with the new plan which made the other boys sigh in relief and silently thank the redheaded girl.

Helen sighed in relief, "Now that's settled, get out of my kitchen!" The boys scrambled their way from the raging woman, her spatula held over her head, Scarlett couldn't help but watch the scene in amusement.

"Geez Porter, your moms scary," Bertram muttered once they returned to the safety of the family room.

"You don't live with her, imagine that almost everyday," Ham snorted, the boys cracking a smile at boys joke.