Chapter 9

We are walking in the forest of Fangorn. Gimli walks towards a rock with something on it.

"Orc blood." Gimli says while spitting out what he tried. There is some whistling of the wind between

"The trees are speaking to each other." Legolas says.

"Talking trees." he said mad, "What do trees have to talk about? Except for the consistency of squirrel droppings?" Legolas walks up a small hill.

"Aragorn, nad no ennas! (Something's out there.)" he says.

"Man cenich? (What do you see?)" I ask him.

"The White Wizard approaches."

"Do not let him speak, he will put a spell on us." Aragorn says while getting his sword out, "We must be quick." We all get our weapons out.

We see a bright white light on our left, we all turn to attack. Gimli throws his axe, which is knocked to the side. Legolas loses his bow, which is also knocked aside. I shot an arrow, it gets knocked on the side like all the others and Aragorn's sword turns orange with heat. He drops it. The bright light comes closer. We shield our eyes from the bright light that the wizard is emitting.

"You are tracking the footsteps of two young Hobbits." a voice in the light says.

"Where are they?" I ask while readying another arrow.

"They passed this way, day before yesterday. They met someone they did not expect. Does that comfort you?" the voice continues.

"Who are you? Show yourself!" Aragorn said a bit louder. The figure comes out of the light. It can't be... It looks like...

"Gandalf?" I ask

"It cannot be..." Aragorn says amazed.

"I mistook you for Saruman." Legolas says.

"I am Saruman." he says, "Or rather, Saruman as he should have been... Gandalf? Yes, that was what they used to call me... Gandalf the Grey. That was my name. I am Gandalf the White, and I come back to you now at the turn of the tide."

******************************************************************************

We are walking in a field. Gandalf puts on some gray robes. He stops and starts to whistle. It's a very beautiful whistle. The two horses that the riders of Rohan gave us are standing beside Legolas and Aragorn. Then I see a white stallion galloping towards us. The white stallion arrives, he stops in front of Gandalf.

"Shadowfax, he's the lord of all horses and has been my friend through many dangers." he says.

After the new Gandalf whistles for his horse, I whistle for my horse. A few seconds later I see my beautiful black stallion Thunder galloping towards us. He stops in front of me and I mount up.

"I thought your dad took your horse back to your home." Legolas tells me.

"I let him out just before we left Lymphea." I answer. Legolas chuckles.

The rest of them mount up their horses and we ride off towards Edoras.

______________________________________________________________________________

"Edoras, and the Golden Hall of Meduseld. There dwells Théoden, King of Rohan, whose mind is overthrown. Saruman's hold over King Théoden is now very strong." Gandalf tells us.

We are walking our horses up to the top of the hill. The citizens are looking at us in a very weird way. Once we get on top of the hill where the castle is we dismount. A guard comes walking towards us.

"I cannot allow you before Théoden King so armed, Gandalf Grayhame by order of Grima Wormtongue." he states to us. We all hand our weapons. I keep two daggers in my boots. I will keep them there just in case.

"Your staff." the guards tell Gandalf.

"Oh, no. You would not part an old man from his walking stick?" he questions him.

They then let us in. We walk into the main hall. As we are walking towards the king, they lock the doors behind us and they look at us very weirdly.

"The courtesy of your hall has somewhat lessened of late Théoden King." Gandalf says loudly.

"Why should I welcome you, Gandalf Stormcrow?" the king said.

"A just question my liege. Late is the hour in which this conjuror chooses to appear. Lots spell I name him, ill news is an ill guest." the person beside him tells us.

"Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crude words with a witless worm." Gandalf says while pointing his staff at him.

"His staff. I told you to take the wizards staff." he says angrily while backing away.

Soldiers come rushing forward us. Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas and I fight them off. Gandalf continues forward as if nothing is going on.

"Théoden son of Thengel. Too long have you sat in the shadows." he says. Gandalf recites a magic spell.

A lady comes running into the hall. She tries to get to the king but Aragorn puts his hand out and stops her. Gandalf takes Saruman's spell away from the king. Aragorn lets the lady go, she runs up to him. The king starts to become himself again. She smiles. Gandalf backs away. The king looks at him.

"Breathe the free air again my friend." Gandalf says to him.

"Dark have been my dreams of late." the king says. Once we kick out Grima, Eowyn helps me get changed for her brother's funeral. We go to Théodren's funeral. When it is done, I see a horse coming over the hill and stops. A boy falls off the horse. I run up to them and help the girl get off the horse. Aragorn carries the boy in and I help the girl. We feed them some food.

"Where is mamma?" the little girl asks.

"It will be fine." I tell her while Eowyn puts a blanket over her shoulders and she continues to eat.

"They will be three hundred leagues from here by now." King Théoden says, "Éomer cannot help us. I know what it is you want of me, but I will not bring further death to my people. I will not risk open war."

"Open war is upon you, whether you would risk it or not." Aragorn says.

"When I last looked, Théoden, not Aragorn, was King of Rohan."

"Then what is the King's decision?" Gandalf asked

******************************************************************************

"By order of the King, the city must empty. We make for the refuge of Helm's Deep. Do not burden yourself with treasures. Take only what provisions you need." the guard who took our weapons said to the village.

I guess that we are going to Helm's Deep. Let's just hope no trouble gets to us while on the road.